1-2-3 My First Home

Asked by Mindy, Indianapolis, IN Thu Jul 12, 2012

I got something in the mail about the company 1-2-3 My First Home and another one called First Home Advantage. Anyone know anything about these companies?

Answers

5
, ,
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Hi Mindy,

Looks like you received some junk mail. Here's the advice I've given to my First Time Buyer clients for years:

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
.
Marita Topmi…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Hi Mindy,

When you first asked this question, I googled it and didn't
trust what I found.

Any one of we Realtors would be happy to help you find
your first home - delighted in fact. Working with first time
homebuyers is a particular thrill.

Any good deals on homes to be had - we're the ones working
in your area and we're the ones who'll find them for you.

The lowest rates - we work with all the local lenders - we'll give
you recommendations about whom to speak with for the best
rates and lowest closing costs around. Heck, I can even put
you in touch with the folks who will see if you qualify for $0
downpayment.

So, forget about shopping on the web for local real estate.

Call one of we Realtors who've responded to you. Because we'll
show you all the homes that are the best fit for you and help you
decide between them; give you contacts for lenders, inspectors,
insurance, repair people - whatever you need.

Kind Regards,

Marita
Ryan Clark, Agent, Carmel, IN
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Hello Mindy,

This is what I don't know! Which is nothing about them other than they send out mass marketing to people that are first time home buyers. You will typically see these things being sent to apartment complexes and ect...

The concept behind what I am trying to say is that you need to be careful about a company that isn't really all that mainstream and also when they are targeting a niche market. If you have any furthor questions please feel free to contact me!

Ryan
317-213-4515
Laura Musall, Agent, Fishers, IN
Fri Aug 17, 2012
No. I would be careful about offers that seem too good to be true. They usually are. If you need information about loan options for first time buyers, I would be happy to give you some names of reliable lenders. I like doing business with people I can meet in person.
miller32crx, Home Seller, Fishers, IN
Fri Aug 17, 2012
no but if you are looking to buy a first home in fishers, i have a PERFECT one for you.....this was my first home
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/13214-Summe…