89129 Las Vegas, NV area safe for family homes?

Asked by Houseofmonsoon, West Palm Beach, FL Wed Nov 21, 2012

I am interested in purchasing a home on Cobal Canyon Lane off of Buffalo. The purchase price for this home is 256K 6 bedroom, 3800 sq/ft. Is it a reasonable price for a home which is all carpeted save kitchen? The house is in fair condition. Plus, I want to know if this area is safe since it's not a gated community. What is the future for this area in say 4 years? Is it worth the purchase or should I move my family to a safer area like summerlin?
M

Answers

1
dawn lane, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Nov 21, 2012
If you are looking to find the fair value of a home , you should have a REALTOR prepare a market Analysis for you. All factors need to be considered . There is not enough information to make a sound assessment of this property you are considering. Market analysis is not just based on square footage and neighborhood comps . Gated , not gated , there really isn't a difference. Some people get a false sense of security in a gated community . There really is no way to avoid crime altogether unless you live in Disneyland . The best way to check out a neighborhood is to go to http://www.lvmpd.com. You can call the non emergency number too . Or go to the precinct station and ask . Also go to dinner on a late weekend night and see what the activity is like. Take safety classes and be aware of your environment . Teach your children what to do in an emergency . Teach them about what to look for and aware of. Random crime happens EVERYWHERE , gated or not . So dont get a false sense of security just because there is a big giant gate around you . As far as the future of this community in four years is hard to predict and my crystal ball broke about 6 years ago .To really get an accurate assessment of the economic future of that area you need to hire a REALTOR to do the research . Hope that helps
thank you..
Flag Thu Nov 22, 2012