Home Buying in Lake Orion>Question Details

kurtsherry, Both Buyer and Seller in Shelby Township, MI

. Is there a way to buy the house from the bank before the sheriff deed expires?

Asked by kurtsherry, Shelby Township, MI Thu Aug 23, 2012

House was sold in April as ROE with Trustee Deed. Found out the Sheriff Deed expires on Sept 22nd 2012. Owner is still on deed to house and filed BK and included house.

Answers

1
I'm assuming you are talking about the redemption period ending in September. Usually a homeowner has 6 months from the sheriffs sale to redeem a property. If they don't redeem it within that time frame the bank takes ownership of the home and will most likely put the house on the market as a foreclosure. A homeowner can try and redeem a home by selling it as a short sale if the home was under water. As far as I'm aware a sheriff's deed doesn't expire.

If you have additional questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank You,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
We tried to reach out to owner of the house and he was told by his lawyer that would "mess up" his BK if tried to sell the house. So b/c he is not willing to sell the house to us is there a way to find out which bank owns the house and try to deal directly with them?
Flag Fri Aug 24, 2012