. I've looked at homes in Cape Coral, Rotonda, and Port Charlotte on the internet. Will I need a different agent for the different areas?

Asked by lgreene999, Cape Coral, FL Wed May 16, 2012

Answers

11
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Mon May 28, 2012
Advice from a Florida Mortgage Broker/ Real Estate Investor

If you’re not 18 and not a first time home buyer, have access to the internet to fly in on Google Earth and have a GPS and willing to do initial property drive-bys in advance to eliminate properties you would not even consider, then you can save many thousands of dollars in otherwise Forfeited Equity in realtor commission Points!

For the opportunity to work with High Quality, Legitimately Pre Approved and Serious Buyers, the very Professional and Experienced Realtor partners I work with all over the state of Florida will offer the following to my buyer referrals:

1. Help you locate, show you property and negotiate your best deal on any property
2. Answer all questions and return all calls and emails quickly
3. Work harder to Exceed your expectations of what it is to be a Professional Realtor

BUT THERE’S MORE………….

In addition to the above, they’re also willing to offer a Buyer’s Agent Credit saving to my Pre Approved Buyer referrals: (see examples below on a $200,000 and $500,000 purchase)

$200,000 purchase = Buyer’s Agent Credit up to $3,500.00 to Buyer

$500,000 purchase = Buyer’s Agent Credit up to $10,000 to Buyer

These Buyer’s Agent Credits are on the Closing Statement/ HUD shown as a Credit to pay towards things like:

1. Buyer’s Closing Costs
2. Interest Rate Reduction
3. Escrowed for Home Improvement and/or Repair
4. Gift Certificate to Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
And much more!

Why is a Mortgage Broker willing to assist buyers in this way?

1. Just like realtors will refer buyers to their “Preferred Lenders” for the best service, lowest rates and lowest costs, I do the same for my borrowers.
2. Right out of the gate, it makes me thousands of dollars a Better Deal than all other Mortgage Brokers or Banks!
3. Unlike 99.99% of all Mortgage Brokers and Loan Originators, who are completely dependent on realtors referring borrowers to them and would never dream of assisting borrowers in this way, I advertise heavily in Florida and receive referrals from prior clients, so borrowers contact me in advance of getting tied down to a realtor, therefore this allows me to assist borrower/buyers in this way.

Why would Realtors be willing to offer such a massive commission points saving to buyers?

1. These are Pre Approved referrals from the Mortgage Broker, and these deals close!
2. If they keep $4,000 that’s the equivalent to what they would make selling a $133,000 property, $5,000 equal to selling a $166,000 property, both of which they would take on as many as they otherwise possibly could if not a referral from a Mortgage Broker and risk working months only to find other buyers can’t close in the end.
3. These Realtors are Real Estate Brokers or Realtors who don’t have to split the 3% with their Broker and are willing to share this otherwise Forfeited Equity.

What happens if these Realtors who offer to do all of the above to not meet or exceed your expectations?

1. Just like any realtor, your simply FIRE THEM and can use whoever you wish.
2. I will cut them off from future referrals and send my Pre Approved Buyers referrals to other Realtor Partners who will offer this savings.

This is simply an unbeatable way of doing business, the Buyer gets their best overall deal on a purchase and mortgage loan, the realtor makes good money selling a property and the Mortgage Broker does the loan, it’s a win, win, win deal for all three of us!

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage
http://www.pro-option.com
steve@pro-option.com
Ph: 888 662 4404
Sarah Garrett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon May 28, 2012
Hi there,
The agent you select will probably have to be able to access Supra lockboxes from Lee and Charlotte Counties. Not all properties are on Supra key safes however I would make sure if I were you. I am use to driving between the five counties and would have no problem representing you as your buyers agent. Thanks again for your request. I have provided you with a new website below that is affiliated with my access to the Florida Gulf Coast MLS. Please be my quest.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Web Access to MLS:
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Thu May 17, 2012
I have shown property in all three areas. I live in Punta Gorda just North of Cape Coral and work in the Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, and North Port area. I've had buyers who I showed property to in all the areas. My broker belongs to the Cape Coral board of Realtors. If you want to work with one agent, call me and we'll find what you are looking for. Call me for a list of properties that fit your criteria and then we will find the area that is perfect for you.

Look forward to hearing from you.
I was wondering if you could give me some information. Looking to retire end of 2014 and we are wanting to move to gulf coast. Very confused on which area would
suit our needs. We are 53 and love to golf. Looking at North Port or Cape Coral. Can you give me some input of these areas and maybe other areas we are over
looking. We will be coming to Florida in February to check out some areas. I
would like to get a feel for them before we get there. Thank you, Val
Flag Sun Oct 20, 2013
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu May 17, 2012
I highly recommend you work with individual agents. As others have told you agents are licensed to sell anywhere in the state of Florida BUT the major issue here in market knowledge.

As an example, I have lived in Cape Coral almost 24 years and know the area extremely well. I have visited Port Charlotte but don't know the real estate market there so I would not be able to give you good advice in an area that I don't know anything about. I do know an excellent agent in Port Charlotte I can put you in touch with if you are not already working with one. And of course I will be more than happy to work with you in Cape Coral if you don't have an agent for my are yet.

Terry McCarley, Realtor®, CDPE
Jones & Co Realty
email: leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net
phone: 239-707-4575
Carolyn Gian…, , Cape Coral, FL
Thu May 17, 2012
Hi there-
If you have already "looked at homes", you must have already used an agent, right?
Or do you mean on-line only so far?
Any licensed Florida real estate agent can write a contract on any property listed in any MLS in Florida. Would an agent from, lets say, Tampa represent you properly in Cape Coral -- probably not.
I would recommend using two agents -- each one specific to the area you are looking to buy.
Carolyn Giandonato
CNN Real Estate Team
239-243-4082
Steve Geving, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu May 17, 2012
There are 2 different real estate boards and multi listing systems. Very few agent belong to both. If an agent does not have access to the homes for sale, it is tough for them to represent you properly. I work in Cape Coral and Port Charlotte and would love to apply for the job.

Steve Geving
(O) 239-573-1400
(C) 239-321-1395
(F) 239-288-0537
stevegeving@hotmail.com
http://www.swflhomeresource.com
Jones and Co Realty
Frank Glaab…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu May 17, 2012
Hi Igreene,

You don't have to have a different Realtor, all agents licensed in any of these areas, are licensed for all of Florida. Now, agents who specialize in each of these areas obviously will know more about the area they specialize in. Give me a call if you choose Cape Coral or Fort Myers, as well as Lehigh Acres, I would be happy to help you out.

Frank Glaab
Gulf Gateway Realty, Inc
http://Www.ccparadise.com
Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu May 17, 2012

You ask a great question. It might be better for you to have a different agent for Rotonda. What your looking for is expertise in a given area.

I work in Cape Coral and Port Charlotte because I am on the town line and crossing a street per say doesn't mean you don't know properties on that side of the street.

It may also depend on what your looking for, the more you know about what you want, the better the clearer it will be for the agent to find properties. For example, I have a sailboat and I want a waterfront property with no bridges to open water.

I hope this helps you. If you would like to privately email me what your looking for, I would let you know what area(s) I could assist you in.

Cheers

Kevin Cloutier
Southern Premier Realty
Kevin@kevincloutier.com
239-246-6639
Debra Stack, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu May 17, 2012

I would suggest 2 different agents.

An agent working in Port Charlotte would most likely be able to help you with Rotonda.

And you will want a seperate agent for Cape Coral.

If you have not secured an agent in the Cape Coral area, I would be happy to help you.

All The Best,

Debbie Stack
239-677-7186
dstack@sunshinerealtyofswfl.com
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu May 17, 2012
I would recommend working with one agent for Rotonda and Port Charlotte and another for Cape Coral.

Good luck with your search!
Michael Cheng, Agent, San Jose, CA
Thu May 17, 2012
The answer will depend on the local agent. Sometimes the agent is working at a brokerage with coverage in multiple areas. If you can't find one like that, then it makes sense to get separate agents.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com