Wanda, Renter in 91701

11112 Antietam dr. Rancho cucamonga is advertised as for rent, however the is also a for sale sign on the lawn. Why?

Asked by Wanda, 91701 Wed Dec 4, 2013

I contacted the renter who states he is the owner of the house and currently living out of the country and states all details and monies will be exchanged via fed ex. Is this normal practice?

this may be a scam. I ran into the same situation -googled the address and found an ad saying it was for sale. Called Realtor she said it was for sale NOT rent. Always try to check it out if it seems low or anything feels odd google and check. I was ready to jump in on my case but they always say 'DO NO SEND MONEY THROUGH THE MAIL OR TO SEND IT SOMEWHERE, THEN YOU'LL GET PAPERS' I just felt like crying- I really need a place bad myself. Aloha and be safe.
I looked it up on the MLS and the property does not show as having been advertised for Lease or rent. It also shows the mailing address for the owner to be in Lake Arrowhead, Ca. This sounds like a scam to me. Do not pursue renting this property from whomever you've been in contact with.
It is unfortunate that this is happening to people these days. Believe it or not people fall for this and lose thousands of dollars.
You did the right thing by asking Realtors if this is legitimate.

Best of luck,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-180-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
Sounds like a scam

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

Buyer/Tenant beware!
We handle Sales, Leasing and Property Management and I have had more than a few people show up asking about bogus ads and listings to good to be true. Never send money to anyone you have not met with personally. Meet with the property owner or their licensed agent. If you need or want to verify an agents license go to: http://www2.dre.ca.gov/PublicASP/pplinfo.asp
Good luck be careful out there.

If you have questions please do not hesitate to call me!

John L Johnson II
CA DRE Broker Lic# 01312900
J-N-J Real Estate Services, Inc.
8560 Vineyard Ave. #404
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
(909) 224-2091
Sales – Leasing – Property Management
Read my blog titled 'Could it be a Rental Scam?' for some helpful advice.

And DO NOT give this individual any money or personal info.
If you saw the advertisement on Craigs list it is a scam. The property is listed for sale, but not for rent. You should report it on Craigs List. We find that many of the homes that are vacant you will find this type of scam. Be very carful, I don't know of any home owner renting their home by having you send the mont via fed ex. Usually these homes are listed well under the rent market, so the old adage if it is too good to be true, it probably isn't, is true under these circumstances. You can always contact a Realtor regarding a property to see if it is in the MLS and also who owns the property.

Diana Margala 909-560-0145
Web Reference: http://www.dianam.com
More than likely, this is a scam. Never send money via mail or Western Union. If there is a number on the sign, contact the agent on it and get the full scoop.