Young family relocating to Milwaukee seeks advice on housing at 53211 or 53217 area

Asked by Ben Zhu, Duluth, MN Tue Apr 16, 2013

We are starting work for UMW at fall and would like to settle down our family (with 2 kids, 5 and 2) there at July. We are thinking to rent an apt for 6 months before purchasing our own house. Can anyone help us search a right apt and eventually a house?

Answers

5
katiadimitro…, , Milwaukee, WI
Tue Sep 17, 2013
Are you looking for a home at 53211 area? I have a very beautiful three bedroom apartment in the area for $1200. The apartment includes a formal dining room and a living room. Parking is available for two cars.
elizabeth.re…, Home Buyer, West Allis, WI
Thu Jun 27, 2013
I just read what a previous owner commented, and would agree with him. It is very hard to get property rented between October and March and most landlords have a clause in the lease for that reason.
Thu Jun 27, 2013
There are lots of flats and apartments in Milwaukee and the surrounding areas, I have two kids and made sure to get outside of Milwaukee because MPS school district is awful, unless they will attend private.
Rich Moen, Agent, Watertown, WI
Tue Apr 16, 2013
I am doing some checking for you. Can you send me your email so I can let you know what I find?

rmoen@remax.net

Rich
Troy Miller, Agent, Milwaukee, WI
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Ben,

You may have difficulty finding a 6 month rental that will end in the winter months....if you are going to rent my guess is most landlords will want to keep you for a year if your lease was starting in July.

The areas you are looking are fantastic communities with great schools for your children. If you'd like to see what is currently available I'd be happy to show you everything in the Whitefish Bay/Shorewood area in your price range.

Troy Miller
Total Realty LLC
414-333-3723
troymiller@totalrealty.com
http://www.totalrealty.com
12 months lease will also be good with us. Thanks for your help.
Flag Thu Apr 18, 2013