Would you consider moving into the Hollywood or Whitley Heights area of Hollywood? With the changes in community redevelopment,what are your concerns

Asked by ., Los Angeles, CA Wed Feb 16, 2011

Answers

5
Renee Kische’s answer
Renee Kische, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
I see you posted this question last year. As of this post, I am curious if you have made the move into Whitley Heights. I am an agent an live in Hollywood Heights across from Whitley. For all these years, there has been Hollywood Bowl traffic, freeway traffic, Hollywood Blvd. closures, etc. I know you can ask 5 different neighbors and get 5 different answers. In my opinion, living in a historically significant neighborhood (Whitely Heights is an HPOZ) and having the closeness of the freeway, entertainment, walking to retail & restaurants, plus having the neighborhood development actually better the area, is a good thing. Indeed, traffic down Highland can be a chore, but after all these years I've seen a decrease in crime, my home value maintain, not a lot of turnover, a strong and supportive neighborhood association, and two or three ways around any Bowl traffic. We could wax both sides of this, but I non of the above has caused me to consider moving from the area. The pros outway the cons.

Stay connected with me for more discussion as I am involved with the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and sit in on the Economic Development Committee, which discusses first hand the Hollywood redevelopment.

With thanks,

Renee Kische
Keller Williams Realty Hollywood Hills
http://www.AccessHollywoodRealEstate.com
renee@bestLAliving.com
John McQuilk…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Feb 11, 2015
Yes Hollywood and Whitley Heights are conveniently located and the area surrounding has improved greatly.
Peter Silves…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Feb 16, 2011
And another thing. I have clients that are looking
to move back to Hollywood again after living in
Pasadena and other parts of town.
They said they love to be close to places that
they and their friends frequent.
Peter Silves…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Feb 16, 2011
Would I move there? Well, I would absolutely buy a house or an apartment there.
And may even consider living there too. I spent many years living below Franklin
so anything above would be safer, more peaceful and still close to it all.
The values will go up from here in this area. I live further away but still just
10 minutes away from Hollywood and Vine.
Regardless of what interventions happen here, the desire to be near
all the amenities that Hollywood provides will always be a plus.
Call me about getting you the home you want and in the neighborhood you want.
818-530-3225
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Feb 16, 2011
Use caution with this question, real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods......