Would you advise a first time homebuyer take advantage of the NACA program?

Asked by Anthony Chandler, Marshall Heights, Washington, DC Wed Mar 13, 2013

Answers

5
murphkitty m…, , Doraville, GA
Sat Jul 4, 2015
Only if you have a good income or are married. period. this program is not as great it makes out to be.
Alqamar Malik, Agent, Largo, MD
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Greetings Anthony good question!

The NACA home buyers counselor you are assigned to will be a strong determining factor in how quickly and smoothly (or not) your NACA transaction will be.

I've had clients who have breezed through the program while others....well, not so much.

Also, bear in mind that NACA has many more strict loan guidelines than most other loan institutions. However, if you have the patience, it can ultimately be a very lucrative deal.

Hope this helps,

http://www.Alqamarmalik.com
Darci Blakley, Agent, Fort Washington, MD
Mon Mar 18, 2013
I have worked closely with NACA in DC and Baltimore, it is an excellent program and no one can beat their interest rates. However, the process takes time and you must complete their program. So be sure to get in touch with a NACA office as soon as possible to bring the process.
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Hi Anthony,

It depends on your situation. I would suggest you talk to loan officer at your bank/credit union to see what benefits they can offer compared to the NACA program.

I think NACA does a good job of helping you development a payment plan that is affordable but if you feel you are responsible paying your own bills. You might get more bang for you buck with outside Loan.

Jessica Hood…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Yes! If you are eligible for the NACA program I say go for it. It is a great way to help you achieve home ownership!