Would my wife be able to close on my house with just a copy of the power of attorney?

Asked by John K, Jersey City, NJ Sat Jan 26, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Andrew Tisel…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Sun Jan 27, 2013
It can be done with the correct POA. Check with your attorney.
0 votes
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sat Jan 26, 2013
A lawyer needs to be contacted about this and they can direct you to what is needed. Often a "specific POA" is needed. These are POA but they have verbiage allowing the holder to dispose of property and often a specific property.
0 votes
Ian A. Wolf, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sat Jan 26, 2013
I am not an attorney, however, based on my experience, the power of attorney would need to be cleared first by both the title company and lender prior to being ok. Consult with you attorney for the best advice on this as every purchase situation is unique.

Hope that helps.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Union City Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more