Would like to see a few houses?

Asked by J, Chandler, AZ Tue Oct 22, 2013

My wife and I are looking for a SF house in or around 85248. We prefer golf-course lot or waterfront places that are 2000 sq. ft. We've looked at a few but it's difficult as we are not based in the area. I will be in the area from Nov 13 to Nov 19 and would like to talk to anyone with listings that may meet our needs. We've been working with a realtor when we're there so you'd have to go through her. Also, we can pay cash -- and we are not interested in the homes out there being offered at unreasonable prices, on and off the market, by non-serious sellers. Thanks in advance.

Answers

12
Stephanie We…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Fri Nov 1, 2013
J,
you should contact you agent about all these inquiries. She should be able to provide you with the same information....I'm surprised you haven't contacted her already on this?
Jonathan Dal…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Hi, J ... you'd need to go through your Realtor. Anything listed, they would be able to see in the MLS and pass along to you.
Byron Godfrey, Agent, GILBERT, AZ
Thu Oct 31, 2013
If you are working with a local realtor as you suggest, she is able to show you all homes available, and will represent you. Do not approach any listing agent as they will be representing the seller, so your interests will not be paramount. Should circumstances change, by all means give me a call. 480 704 0050
Corey Freder…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Hola J,
Other agents are not allowed to interfere with an arrangement that you already have with another agent. Seeking help from other agents, and then letting them know that you already have an agent - is like telling the community that your needs are not being fulfilled.

Also - your agent is the one to communicate with the other listing agents - not the client (you).
Thanks for understanding :)
Hi J,
With separate and clean "waterfront" & Golf Course "lot" searches - your agent will be able to put in front of you the most current info going into - and coming out of the MLS. :) You are already doing well by knowing "what" you want - best of luck to you and Thanks!!
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
Hi Corey - thanks for your reply - I understand your point and was looking for new listings or about-to-be-listed listings, which I would then refer to my realtor.
That's the idea anyway.
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
That's the idea anyway.
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
Rebecca Kall…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Good afternoon, J....

I don't, currently, have any listings that meet your criteria, but I have access to the MLS data base that has all the active listings that will meet your criteria and I would be more than happy to send you a list with some. From the list, you would just have to pick the ones that you are most interested in seeing and I would be MORE THAN happy to show you!

I specialize in the east valley and have lived out here for 9 years, so I know the area exceptionally well!

I understand that you are a serious buyer, so I will work my hardest to make your transaction as simple and stress-free as possible!

I look forward to working with you in the near future!

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me!

PS. As a buyer, I work FOR YOU, FOR FREE!

--Rebecca Kallhoff
4802759566
rebeccakallhoff@gmail.com
rebeccasellsaz.com
Thanks for your email. Should you have any new listings that match what I would like to see, please let me know. Thanks!
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
Patty Fisch, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Hi J,
I opened up the search a bit to include 85248 as well as surrounding areas in Chandler & Gilbert. Perhaps these. If you see any you like, just mark them with a smiley face so I can understand what you like. Even if the area doesn't work for you - this can help with the style factor. I could then do a little extra research for homes that may be coming on the market soon.
Hi Patty -- thanks for the link -- there are a few nice houses in that list.
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
Troy Erickson, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Tue Oct 22, 2013
J.,

If you are already working with a Realtor and receiving daily emails of available listings, then you are probably seeing everything that is on the market meeting your search criteria. If you are not seeing homes you are interested in, perhaps you need to change your search criteria. If you are seeing homes that interest you, then I would recommend that you continue to work with your Realtor. There is nothing your Realtor can do about sellers listing their homes at unreasonable prices, or who are non-serious sellers.
Hopefully you will find the perfect home sooner than later.
Rescue Realty…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Hi J,

I have a listing in an active adult community (55+). It is not directly on the golf course. But its a nice house..
Let me know if you would like me to send you the listing..

Linda
Byron Godfrey, Agent, GILBERT, AZ
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Thanks for your enquiry. I live in 85248 and have been selling homes in the valley for 17 years, so as you might expect, I know a lot about it. Give me a call 480 704 0050 or 602 616 5093 then I will provide you with a list of available homes within your parameters, and we can start viewing today.
Byron Godfrey
Executive Sales Associate,
Solutions Real Estate,
Chandler, Az. 85248
Toll Free: 1 888 769 2778
Phone/Fax: 480 704 0050
Mobile: 602 616 5093
Email: ByronTheBrit@cox.net
Website: ByronTheBritAzHomes.com
Hi -- thanks for your reply. I am working with a realtor and what I am looking for is pretty simple: homes preferably under $400K with a view of water (rare) or a golf course (more common) or one without a walled in back yard with two-story house windows overlooking the back yard. I can see all of the ones on Trulia and FlexMLS and checked out a few last time I was in the area. However, you may know people who are considering selling or unlisted houses -- if so great. I emailed you.
Flag Tue Oct 22, 2013
Jose Dias, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Oct 22, 2013
J,

One option that is available for out-of-state clients is to have a video made of the homes they like. I have used this in the past with success. Nothing fancy - just me previewing a home for an out-of-state buyer and making comments as I go. This helps them decide whether they want to short list a house or not.

You would be amazed on how much you can learn about a home by seeing an unedited video of the property. I even had clients decide to submit offers based on the video alone.

This may be something you would like to discuss with your current agent.

Thanks -- she did that. I've seen a few. One we almost bought- but it had too much neglect; the other-- the seller is not a serious seller. Too emotionally attached.
Flag Tue Oct 22, 2013
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Having a great Realtor to work with is the best way to accomplish your goal to purchase a home. Find one you can communicate with, trust and then be loyal to them.

Sites like Trulia can be interesting and valuable but for the actual property a Realtor can provide you with tools via the MLS that will provide you with the highest quality and most timely information.

The Arizona market is getting closer to a neutral position between buyers and sellers. Inventory has increased since last spring so that buyers have better choices in the market. The really good properties are still selling fast and the not so good or overpriced ones are laboring on the market.

85248 is a beautiful area with much to offer!!
Shirley Coom…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Are you looking to be in the Sun Lakes area, which has adult communities or more the Ocotillo area?
85248 includes both areas. Both areas have homes on the golf course and water. Does your agent have you set up on a search for homes meeting your criteria? If so, you are seeing all the homes listed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). We rarely see "pocket" listings these days (homes not in MLS). Serious sellers have their homes priced to sell. We are see a bit of a slowing in the Phoenix area market, which means listings are increasing and we are getting closer to a "balanced" market. As we go into the winter months we also will see more homes coming on the market in the Adult communities.

If you are happy with your agent be sure you are set up on a search meeting your criteria.
Hi - thanks for your answer and yes I am set up on MLS - receiving emails daily. I am looking more in the Ocotillo area. We're in our 40s.
Flag Tue Oct 22, 2013