Would I be eligible for a 2 family if my yearly is approx 62,000?

Asked by Tastee115, Laurelton, NY Mon Dec 12, 2011

Answers

5
David Watson, Agent, Kew Gardens, NY
Tue Dec 13, 2011
A qualified mortgage broker will be able to help you answer that question. I have three that are excellent at what they do. Since you are looking for a two family a portion of the rental unit's income will be combined with you own. So that helps a lot. I also have a two family in laurelton located on 134th rd. and 219th st. I have others as well. I can be reached at 718-506-4095 if you are interested. Hope to hear from you and good luck house hunting.
Annette Levi…, , New York, NY
Tue Dec 13, 2011
Alot will depend upon your credit report and price of the house. You can contact me for a preapproval so you know what you can purchase.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Only a mortgage broker or loan officer would be able to answer that question. I have a mortgage broker, a banker and a broker/banker whose names I would be happy to share. Call me at 631-425-6150 or email me at gail@gailgladstone.com.

You can check with all three and hear what they have to say (with no obligations).
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Dec 12, 2011
For an accurate answer as it applies to you, do visit with any licensed loan officer(s); after reviewing your overall financials, income, credit, debt, a determination can be made. If you need recommendations, feel free to contact me directly. Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Shawn Ryan R…, Agent, Belleville, NJ
Mon Dec 12, 2011
impossible to tell without more info. what is the price range you are looking in? what is your credit like? do you have a downpayment.

the good news is that you will be able to "net the rent" on the 2nd unit of a 2-family home - this means that a bank will typically add 75-80% of the expected annual rental income from the 2nd unit to your own personal income of $62,000, which will help you qualify for a loan