Working in Framingham, MA--Where to Live?

Asked by Vern001, Boston, MA Tue May 6, 2014

Hi, my husband just got a job in Framingham, MA. We are looking for some recommendations on great towns nearby. We have three kids (2 high schoolers, one middle schooler with special needs). We're looking to spend $500-700k and we'd like a 4-5 bedroom home. We'd like a family-friendly neighborhood with good and inclusive schools and possibly--thought not a necessity--within walking distance of schools, libraries, town center, etc. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Also, we would need to stay in a short-term furnished apartment for a while. Any ideas?

Answers

5
Adam Shamus, Agent, Newton, MA
Wed Sep 10, 2014
Congrats on the new job! There are some lovely areas nearby that you should consider. Natick, Wayland, Holliston and Ashland would all be great possibilities.
Laurel Moss, , 01701
Sun Sep 7, 2014
The north side of Framingham and the central area near Framingham State is great. I've lived in both those areas. Also, Southborough is lovely. I grew up in Southborough. Their schools are top notch. Southborough is also home to the New England Center for Children.
If you live in central Framingham you are close to Route 9 and everything. If you live in Southborough, it is not as close to the action but it has that homey small town feel to it.
I live in Ashland, which also has good schools and a small town feel.
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Mon Jun 23, 2014
Your most affordable home for the dollar will be in Framingham but you cant go wrong with any surrounding town.

For furnished apartments, try Princeton Properties in Marlboro and Jefferson Hills in Framingham.

If you have not gotten a pre-approval yet, we can help with that.
, ,
Tue Jun 17, 2014
Holliston, Ashland are great communities. I work as Realtor in that area and wish to help you with your requirements. Our brokerage firm offer $2500 Cash back to buyer when we represent you as a buyer's broker.
Please feel free to reply for further assistance.
Roger Martin, Agent, Framingham, MA
Thu May 8, 2014
Framingham is a wonderful town to raise a family. Recently the pubic school system was ranked among the best in the state, which also includes IEP Individualized Education Plan for children that have special needs. Additionally as of May 8th there are approximately 23 homes in the town which include 4 or more bedrooms in the $500 to $700k price range, some are new construction others are in more well established neighborhoods. I would be happy to work with you and your family in locating a house you would call home. Please feel free to reach me, Roger Martin, Century 21 Commonwealth at 508.598.1934

P.S. I would also help in locating a short term furnished apartment/townhouse for you.