Will redistrict of N. Gwinnett School district affect Sugar Hill area housing?

Asked by Mac, Suwanee, GA Fri Apr 17, 2009

I am considering a house in the Sugar Hill elementary school area but
it is going to be redistrict to the new Lanier High School Cluster. The new Lanier Cluster includes
the new White Oak Elementary, Sycamore Elementary, and Sugar Hill Elementary. Will
the value of this house or houses in the new redistricted area be affected?

Answers

4
John Michele…, , 30019
Fri Apr 17, 2009
There is no way to know for sure how the re-districting will affect values in the future. However, we can take an educated guess. In my professional opinion, although the current North Gwinnett High School that services that part of the community is a good school, it only ranks 6th in 2008 SAT scores and has over 3,000 students. It is not necessarily a school that potential future buyers would pay more money for a home because of academic achievement based on SAT scores.

A new school does not mean higher SAT scores, but it should be a new building with the most up-to-date construction and educational facilities. I believe that a brand new High school will be appealing to new homebuyers. In addition, the new Lanier High School and the North Gwinnett High School should both benefit by a lower student population.

If you would like more scoring information regarding any of the schools in Gwinnett County, just email at: johnm@AmerivestRealtyOfAtlanta.com
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Mon Apr 20, 2009
I'm an agent in this area and also live in Sugar Hill. I will be affected by the school changes, but I think it will be a positive change.

The new Lanier HS facilities will rival those in NG. The school change should not be a concern in my opinion. Choose your communities wisely and make sure you get a good deal on your purchase.

If you need assistance finding a great home in this area be sure to get in touch with me. I would love to help.

James Dudley
ERA Sunrise Realty
678-781-7418
james.dudley@era.com
Mac, Home Buyer, Suwanee, GA
Sun Apr 19, 2009
Thank you both for answering my question and it sure gives me some perspective into this matter.
Michael Hamm…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Fri Apr 17, 2009
How long do you plan on holding this property, MMc? If you are like a lot of Gwinnett residents, you will likely see a couple of changes over a 5-10 year period. One neighborhood near Killian Hill & Five Forks went from Parkview to Brookwood to Shiloh, and then later was split so that the students went to all three schools, depending on which streets you lived. Good Luck, regardless.