Sunny Sumnie, Home Buyer in Milwaukee, WI

Will homes in the West Allis uphold a good resale value ten years from now?

Asked by Sunny Sumnie, Milwaukee, WI Mon May 5, 2014

I am looking to purchase a home in Milwaukee or a surrounding suburb that is somewhat "up and coming" for lack of a better term. I am most interested in West Allis for it's central location. Does someone in the biz know if this city or any other neighborhoods in Milwaukee is marketable?

Answers

1
Michelle Yoo, Agent, Madison, WI
Sat May 31, 2014
Hi Sunny,
I'm currently based out of Madison but I went to school in Milwaukee and my husband is from Milwaukee as well. Let me just start out by saying that you'll find that Realtors will be somewhat hesitant answering this question because they don't want to have even the appearance of showing for want of a better term, favoritism, toward a certain neighborhood/community/etc. It would actually be a legal violation.

That being said, there are resources that you can contact to help you in your decision-making. Each municipality has records for taxes going back several years. It's possible you could see a possible trend that way. But one of the best resources you can call on is to talk to a police officer from a specific area. I've found that cops have a very blunt and honest assessment on the direction that their city is going.

I wish you good luck.

Michelle from the Yoo Team Realtors