Will consumers be motivated to buy properties under $250k now that the $8000 credit has expired?

Asked by Tim Bray, Mystic, CT Sat May 1, 2010

Answers

3
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat May 1, 2010
Tim,

Most consumers have a much higher level of motivation than the rebate program and seek homes to enhance their quality of life. The rebate program was icing on the cake.......

We would expect a slight "slow down" in sales but there are still volumes of opportunity for motivated buyers to save in every market sector. In our opinion, look for distressed sales to carry the RE market.

It's time for the feds to see what the market can do on its own.....

Tim Bray, Agent, Mystic, CT
Sat May 1, 2010
I have enjoyed your answers. My belief is that each market will be driven by their own independent factors. Supply and demand will have a major inpact as well as unemployment rates. I do believe that luxury and 2nd home purchases will be up with the belief that the bottom has been reached.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat May 1, 2010
If buyers need to buy and a good deal is waiting to be had-- I'm sure they will be just as motivated to purchase.