Will a seller go back to an interested buyer after the seller rejected their offer?

Asked by gbonnaville, Lenoir, NC Tue Mar 6, 2012

Answers

5
Marianne How…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Yes, this happens. Both buyers and sellers are testing the others bottom line. The seller will often come up with a reason for coming back like "we thought about it and decided that (having a quick closing-read anything here) was more important than trying to get a few more thousand. It saves face and everyone is happy.
Nathan Wolf, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Even a Counter Offer is a Rejection of the Offer.

It depends on the sellers and the activity on the house. If the buyer is still "interested" the buyer should present a new offer to the seller. I do sometimes recommend to Sellers to make "reverse offers" to buyers with favorable terms they may consider or find acceptable.

You can call me if you have more questions: 704-858-2345

*******************************
Give me a "BEST ANSWER" or "THUMBS UP" if this answered your question. Thanks!
********************************
Web Reference:  http://natewolf.com
Marco Gomez &…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Generally speaking sellers do not go back to their buyers, unless they realize that the offer presented to them by the buyer was a good offer and they may try to salvage the deal.
Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Tue Mar 6, 2012
This does happen more often than people realize. I think it should happen more often than it does. Many sellers are somewhat hesitant to go back to the buyer because it's like admitting you were wrong.

This is a prime example of why all parties involved need to be professional about things. You don't want to burn any bridges in case you need to get back across the river.
Louise Lanth…, Agent, Clayton, NC
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Actually it just happened in one of my transactions. We could not come to terms so my buyer walked away. 2 months later the seller (through their agent) contacted me and asked if we had gone under contract yet. We had not. We were able to come to agreeable terms and will close soon. Everyone is happy!!