Will I make it to Texas alive!??!?!?

Asked by Me, New York, NY Wed Apr 8, 2009

In my continuing saga of moving from here to there,a new wrench got thrown in the wheel last night. The BOD of our coop met and voted to increase our already unreasonable sublet fee from 100% to 150%! Is it legal?So now, instead of breaking even on our Texas mortgage, we are now paying $250 out of pocket, not that that is unaffordable, it just wasn't what we planned or knew to be true when we signed on the dotted line. So from our $2100 that we are being paid by our sub letters, $1,250 is going to the Coop and $850 is going to us! They don't own our apt!! They don't pay our taxes!! In addition we negotiated the lease with the knowledge that we had a $500 painting credit, as soon as we hired the painter we got a note under our door saying, "effective immediately their is no painting credit"!! We signed our lease with the knowledge that we would be bringing in 1200 a month, and that the coop was paying for half of the paint job! Do we have any recourse? Can we renegotiate the lease?

Answers

1
Frank Bailey, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Apr 8, 2009
Hello Me,

I've seen in your past questions you've had various answers to your questions, so I will take my turn on this one. I would strongly suggest you take your lease, review it word for word and contact a lawyer immediately. There may be something "foul" in the air and now it's time for you to contact an expert. I wish you the best of luck with this stressful situation.
Web Reference:  http://www.fabailey.com