Will I get denied at underwriting?

Asked by heather.cataline, 45236 Thu May 30, 2013

My loan for my home is supposed to go to underwriting today and I received an email from my LO that they "missed" my car payment in my DTI ratio and also thought that my student loans were being deferred. So now I am in a panic that it will be denied at underwriting. Here are some details: the mortgage DTI would be roughly 15% of my income and my DTI including my car payment and student loans and mortgage payment will be 39%. This is for an FHA loan....does anyone think it will still go through?!

Answers

2
, ,
Thu May 30, 2013
Sleep like a baby Heather! 39% on your back end ration is a piece of cake. FYI, your Loan Officer is a ROOKIE! No seasoned LO would EVER miss a auto loan AND the fact the your student loans were NOT in deferment. The LO is an embarrassment to the industry. That's Loan Officer Training 101!
Can you imagine what would have happened if your DTI was so high they couldn't get the AUS (automated underwriting system) to accept and approve your loan? It would have been ugly for you. If one of the LOs under me made this type of mistake, I would not be very happy. Hope it all works out for you.

Best of Luck!
Thanks, when she sent that to me today I was just like WHAT IN THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag Thu May 30, 2013
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Thu May 30, 2013
What does ypur loan oficer say?
I have not gotten a response yet, I just received the email today that the car payment was missed in the DTI and that they thought my loans were deferred for whatever reason.
Flag Thu May 30, 2013