Why would one buy at a WCI community (e.g Venetian Golf & River Club)? It's bankrupt!

Asked by Ani, North Venice, FL Tue Sep 8, 2009

Answers

6
Theresa Brown’s answer
Theresa Brown, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Oct 6, 2009
Hello Ani,
I hate to put it this way but the Venetian Golf and River Club is "too big to fail". The amenities this community offers are in place; its golf course received a 2008-2009 award for "Best Places to Play" so it's alive and well.
There are wonderful home buys and, when the market stabilizes, so will this community. It's a matter of personal preference. Sarasota County has many wonderful communities that satisfy needs and wants of just about anyone. What are yours? Let me know.

Theresa Brown
Michael Saunders & Company
theresabrown@michaelsaunders.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Nov 10, 2013
Your information may have been correct in 2009 but today it is not......

This is a good example of a VERY dated question that should be deleted from this forum. As of today, WCI remains in Venetian Golf & River Club and is building and selling new home daily.
Micah Lee Pi…, Agent, Longboat Key, FL
Sun Nov 10, 2013
WCI went through Chapter 11 in August 2008 and came back out of it in September of 2009. It has been four years since the company came out of Chapter 11. The Venetian Golf and River Club is currently 80% sold. There are approximately 1380 build out lots in the community and they have sold around 1100 lots. WCI has also sold the social club (River Club) to the residents in 2012.
Tenbiking, Home Buyer, Nokomis, FL
Wed Aug 17, 2016
Are Venetian Golf and River Club financials available for review to confirm the turn around?
urijesse, Home Buyer, Venice, FL
Mon Mar 31, 2014
wow, thanks, what in the world would a potential new buyer find with this kind of miss, or even ignorant information. I f there is truth to some of this, it is of some value. But please is this personal agenda or just mis leading information that I can get any where in the states but I thought Florida may be different. Thanks if true very poor if it isn't (you know what I mean). Don't need your help, are you the person responsible for getting the hijackers housing? What is the true response to this statement?
Kimberlie Sl…, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Sep 8, 2009
Hi, Ani,
Venitian Golf and River Club is a lovely Community and there are some great buys in there (they will re-group and once again be a strong community). There are however, other well established lovely communities with similiar amenities troughout Sarasota County. If there is anything I could help you with further, please let me know.
A friend in the business,
Kim : )
Kimberlie Slade, SRES, PMN, TRC
Seniors Real Estate Specialist
Women's Council of Realtors
2006 & 2007 Past Venice Chapter President
2008 Chapter Mentor of the Year
2007 WCR National & Florida State Chapter of the Year
2007 WCR Chapter Business Women of the Year
2008 & 2009 FIVE STAR AGENT "Best in Client Satisfaction"
2008 Top Producer
Corin Bay Real Estate, Marketing and Sales, Inc.
Kim@KimSlade.com
941-468-9843