Why property taxes are so high in Lubbock,TX?What is it that you have there ?Why are your TAXES Higher than Even New York?Is It Your LCAD?Or Austin

Asked by Property Taxes, Lubbock, TX Thu May 20, 2010

Answers

4
Bud’s answer
Bud, Home Owner, Ozark County, MO
Sat May 14, 2011
The problem with high property taxes is some people will not retire/move to a state with high property taxes.The main reason I excluded Texas after retiring from the military. A disadvantage of having high property taxes and no income taxes is if you are suddenly underemployed or unemployed you still have tp pay those high property taxes. I prefer to pay my $346 a year in property taxes for a 3/2 home on 11 acres in the ozarks thank you.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu May 20, 2010
Our property taxes are high compared to many other places. We are one of the few states with no income tax, so that is one way we raise revenue for schools and other public works. Typically property taxes here are 2-3% of the appraised value each year with some discount for homestead, disability, or over 65 exemptions.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu May 20, 2010
Oscar is correct we don't have many other taxes other states have therefore our property taxes are higher.

Confer with CPA for tax write off's

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Oscar Armend…, Agent, Lubbock, TX
Thu May 20, 2010
The answer is a little of both. Texas does not have a state income tax. So the money has to come from some where. LCAD then determines what rate they want to charge home owners.

I have only lived in Texas, but I have had clients who prefer the higher property tax and no state income tax. At least you can write off your taxes on your federal income tax return. I am not really sure what would actually be better.
I'm from Lubbock and your full of crap! Lubbock never was this way but people from California moved this way for retirement and to get away from taxes and bring their retarded liberal ways to Texas! You included sold out if your really from Texas. Prices were never so high on taxes until you ass clowns started moving he
Flag Wed Jun 14, 2017