Why is everyone on Governors Way selling? What do they know that I (as a prospective buyer) don't?

Asked by Kevin Conway, Boston, MA Sun Oct 7, 2012

Answers

10
Kim Brown, , 37067
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Hey Kevin,

I don't know if you have purchased in the Govenor's Club yet but if you haven't, I wanted to make you aware of the traffic on Concord Road in the mornings and evenings after work. If you are planning to use the interstate, it is quite a traffic nightmare getting off on the Concord Road exit.

Just wanted to give you some "scoop" that other real estate agents more than likely will not!!

Take Care.

Kim
krachelle64@yahoo.com
Darin Cunnin…, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Sorry for the type-o. Preciously was supposed to be "previously" in the first paragraph
Darin Cunnin…, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Kevin,

The Governors Club is actually thriving and did an excellent job of powering through the recession. As preciously mentioned in another comment, Governors Way is the longest street in the neighborhood with over 100 residences on it. Additionally, the neighborhood has over 400 home sites total, FYI.

The monthly fees are only $250 and it is the only neighborhood that offers 24 hour guard gated security in Brentwood. It also has an Arnold Palmer golf course (fees are additional), tennis courts, 24 hour fitness center, huge pool, kids pool, picnic area to reserve with grills, a park, and some of the most beautiful scenery in TN.

The fees are kept low because the property owner's association owns the original mansion that is in the center of the neighborhood and is used as a revenue generator for private events. Also, every lot owner pays $250 / month to the association so the residents don't have to wait for the community to get built out before appropriate money is into the association.

I hope this helps. I could go on with much more information about the clubhouse, complimentary daycare, restaurants, bars, etc... @ the club, but will deliver that info if you need it.

I am a member of the club and have sold over $25MM in real estate in The Governors Club in the past 2 years or so. If you have any questions, I have or can get you the answers.

Best of luck in your search!

Darin Cunningham
615-456-4086
darin@darincunningham.com
Jk265, Home Buyer, Franklin, TN
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hi Kevin,
We are currently looking to buy a house in Franklin or Brentwood. I spend a lot of time (4-5 hrs every day) researching houses and getting background info on properties.

The first place we were shown houses is Annadale. Very desirable neighborhood--but backed out as we felt we may not know our neighbors, just like in California upscale neighborhoods We lived in San Diego for 5 years and soon realized that upity neighborhoods tend to isolate you. We are people persons. The same feeling in Governor's club. My husband is a CFO and is financial savvy regarding where not to invest. Our concern was the high Asso fees in the Governor's Club, especially, when we don't swim or play golf. That could be a concern for some who wanted out and leftt. Or like some one else who commented, becoming an empty nester, one would want to down size, and the reason they left. Our issue was the high fees which is an addition to the price!!

Folks also do not want to lose money on their houses--so why stick arund and lose money on the house you no longer want, or does not meet your needs any more? Best time is to sell before the value goes down--another reason for folks leaving.

We have an excellent realtor who gives us background info of every property we want to see. Yours could too!

Zillow gives a run down of when a propery was first bought and at what price. You can get a run down of the history of sale stats on any property for sale.

We would like to build after 5 years--so the resale value of older homes would not hold compared to newer and cheaper homes, though the quality is compromised. If you want to stay in President's Club for life time--then go ahead and buy!

Hope this helps!
JK
hi, where did you end up buying? I am house hunting right now in brentwood , got two elementary age kids, two seniors and two adults to take care of !
Flag Mon Nov 17, 2014
stephen stri…, Agent, Nashville, TN
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Kevin -

Governors Way just happens to be one of the longest streets in the neighborhood. It simply is coincidence. I have a great listing coming up soon (As soon as their new home is finished). On a cul de sac and right on the golf course.

Welcome to Tennessee!

Stephen Strickhausen
Benchmark Realty
615-480-5770
SStrickhausen@gmail.com
http://www.SStrickhausen.com
Web Reference:  http://www.SStrickhausen.com
Mike Grumbles, Agent, Franklin, TN
Mon Oct 8, 2012
I tend to concur with Cece, 6% is not a dramatic enough percentage to wonder what is up? My stance with all my customers making such a big decision is to dig deeper, ask questions of neighbors and make an informed decision. Best of luck on your new purchase.
Web Reference:  http://www.MikeGrumbles.com
Cece Wyant, Agent, Franklin, TN
Sun Oct 7, 2012
Actually not "everyone" is selling on Governors Way. There are only 8 houses for sale on Governors Way out of 116 houses total on the street so this is a low percentage. I have sold 4 houses in the Governors Club neighborhood and live close by. It is a wonderful community with great amenities. I encourage you to buy there if you are thinking about it.
Marilyn Bell, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Sun Oct 7, 2012
I actually just built and sold a "spec" home there this year and have a second one under construction. Even the Governors Club was affected by the downturn. I think this held some sellers off the market while their values were lower. In the last few years there were sales under $100/sq ft. I think since buyer and builder confidence are up now the sellers who have been holding their property off the market are now listing their properties.

Also, while the Governors Club offers amazing amenities like guard gated entrance and the Arnold Palmer golf course, the neighborhood is aging. There are just newer neighborhoods to choose from in that price point that some people prefer. I know I live on the west side of I-65 and that's a major selling point to me. That's one of the main reasons I chose not to live in the first home I built in the Governors Club and sold it as a "spec" instead.

There are very few lots left in the Governors Club right now. If we follow the natural laws of supply and demand that should drive prices up at least for lots or new construction.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sun Oct 7, 2012
Kevin,
There are many reasons. Some quite innocent, others you really, really need to know about.
This is why you hire a pro.

One community in Clearwater is selling like hotcakes. I;m not sure the new owners realize the road providing the only access will be reconfigured in the next 10 years that will result in driving a full mile south should then have the need to go north. The new elevated road will permeate the community with incessant highway road noise. But, today, it a Clearwater best kept secret.

You should HIRE a real estate pro who can research the dynamics of this community to determine if its cyclic, adaptive, substantive, temporary or just a plain ole anomaly. So many folks were face to face with such great deal last year they didn't act. Now prices are moving up, and 'incredible opportunity' is not viewed in the rear-view mirror.

Rather than guess, contact a Boston Pro.
Contact a Boston real estate professional and get some serious tools.
Don't use that 'Contact' button.
Don't use Trulia email.
Go old school and pick up the phone, if you are serious.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sun Oct 7, 2012
Neighbourhoods have cycles... they often contain family groups with children of approximately the same age, and they move on to their next stage of life at approximately the same time.

Not, necessarily, an indicator of a toxic waste dump... merely "time to move on".