Why is Trulia changing the testimonial process and stripping Realtors positive testimonials?

Asked by Betina Foreman, Austin, TX Thu Sep 27, 2012

In 4 days they will strip user testimonials given to Realtors unless the Realtor goes back to that person to ask them to resubmit their testimonial. Several of my clients that provided recomendations have moved & I no longer have their new email addresses. Surely Trulia is not serious about removing positive press from their loyal contributors? I can see requiring this from this point forward as a new criteria for a recomendation, but to strip users of existing Testimonials seems arbitrary & punitive. I know I will be re-considering if using Trulia is worth my time to contribute to your users real estate experience. Please note I have been a VERY active contributor for over 5 years helping you to build Trulia into the resorce that it is today. I strongly urge you to reconsider your position on this change to the site.
Betina Foreman-Realtor,CNE
AustinHomeGirlsRealty.com

Answers

8
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Tue Sep 17, 2013
Trulia has made several changes that I feel are not in the best interest of realtors who have labored hard to help build this site.

The site as a whole is not what it used to be. It is mainly a gateway for renters, very few sellers post questions.

I answer questions for renters, because I hate for people to get bad info. However, I have begin to use other resources to find sellers and SERIOUS buyers.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
......., , Denver, CO
Sun Sep 30, 2012
I agree Betina.. I do still have contact with my prior clients, but I'm certainly not going to ask them to go out of their way again and come here to say good things about me again. That would be sort of awkward if you ask me.

Joe Stone - Realtor ®
Exclusive Homes Realty
682-777-0836
Carla Pennin…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Thu Sep 27, 2012
I agree that moving forward is a very fair compromise, but to take away the testimonials seems unrealistic, considering the mobile nature of the business we are in! And how awkward is THAT to go back to them and ask them to reconfirm their recommendation? It feels self serving after so long! I don't have but two to lose, but for you that does seem like a substantial problem! Even for my two, I didn't feel comfortable going back and asking them to confirm.

Hopefully Trulia might reconsider.
Matt Holder, Home Owner, Menlo Park, CA
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Hi there!

Thank you for your feedback. Right now we are working to get testimonials verified by past clients so that we can help connect you with other people who are friends of your past clients. This will help you increase/reinforce referrals from your sphere of influence as potential clients research you online.

Right now, we have given all users with testimonials an very easy way to turn them into recommendations - all your clients have to do is just affirm that they said it with one-click and they don't have to re-submit anything. To do that, you will need to tell us who gave you that testimonial by entering in:

1. their email
2. If they were a buyer/seller client

We pre-populate their name and the testimonial so neither you or your client has to re-write anything, which makes it really easy and quick.
......., , Denver, CO
Fri Aug 2, 2013
I honestly think most customers care more about what they read in my posts, rather than the fact that I'm further down the list now. But it does piss me off that I fought my way to the top in most areas and now they did what they did..
......., , Denver, CO
Fri Aug 2, 2013
I already noticed and it sucks. I had a feeling something was up when Trulia called me last time to sell advertising and when I told them NO they mentioned something about me probably not being as successful on Trulia as I had in the past. Now I know why...
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Aug 2, 2013
so Betina, Carla, & Joe - what do you think of trulia's new, revamped "Search for an agent" sorting options?

check it out........and....please visit the thread I started , and leave a comment or share your thoughts if you want!!
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Betina,

Hey girl... sorry read about that issue... have you consider contacting Trulia direct ?

Hope all is with you !

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
News Personality On Air Radio Show
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas