Pat Caputo, Both Buyer and Seller in Manasquan, NJ

Why is "The Grande" so much less than other Colts Neck Homes? Is it a good value or a bad neighborhood?

Asked by Pat Caputo, Manasquan, NJ Sun Dec 28, 2008

Answers

10
Jillian Mason, Agent, Monroe, NJ
Mon Dec 29, 2008
The Grande is a nice area, but it's not in the most prestigious section of Colts Neck. There is low income housing right down the road and most people driving by are not sure if it's Freehold or Colts Neck. Buyers also can get a house in Freehold for much less than Colts Neck so it could be hard to justify for some people. Also, Colts Neck is known for large lots and although these lots are not small, they are much less than the usual 2+ acres of property. Out of the few available right now, I believe two are priced accurately for sale. If you want to see any of the homes for sale, feel free to call or e-mail me. Good luck!

Jillian Mason
Direct: 732-586-5488
E-Mail: jillian@jillianmason.com
Web Reference:  http://www.jillianmason.com
Where is the low income housing? I live in the area and have not noticed anything other than beautiful family friendly neighborhoods.
Flag Thu Apr 2, 2015
Annmarie 'de…, Agent, Colts Neck, NJ
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Oh my heavens, "The Grande" is a lovely part of Colts Neck. I have been a resident for over 33 years in Colts Neck and when "The Grande" was being built (it was a requirement for Mt Laurel Housing) many of the residents of Colts Neck bought in to retire there or for their adult children, I have no idea where that person received information that it was a terrible section, some of those homes in there are slightly less pricing than homes in the regular part of Colts Neck, also they have sewers which is a plus and the Colts neck address. Also the average lot in Colts Neck is NOT 2 acres. Also the school system in Colts Neck is stellar, The Grande is right down the street from our new Colts Neck High School, beautiful.

Annmarie "Dee" Burtnick
732-539-0268
dude12, , Colts Neck, NJ
Tue Mar 12, 2013
The Grande, its full of drug dealers and kids with loud cars. Stay away, the CNPD does nothing to stop this
Diana Reiman, Agent, Fair Haven NJ, NJ
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Hi Pat

Colts Neck is a wonderful area to live in, and the homes in the Grande were built to give people the opportunity to get into the community. The homes are smaller and are on much smaller lots. It is the only area in Colts Neck that has city sewer. The prices are much more affordable and your can purchase a home in the upper 400's to 600 K range. This development is close to Route 18, route 34 and 537 its convinent to everything. The homes have a lot to offer especially if you are in this price range and would like to live in Colts Neck. Value is now here, if you want to learn more please call me and I will help you search the area.
William Kilb…, Agent, Fair Haven, NJ
Wed Jun 17, 2009
The Grande homes are smaller and on smaller lots than the average colts neck home. The average home is a 40 year old 2800 square foot ranch or colonial on a one acre property. The homes in the Grande were built in the mid 90s and offer more modern floorplans that the older homes dont. They have larger master baths and master walk in closets, more open floor plans, and higher basements. Also while the average home that i described above can range btwn 550-900K, the grande offers 4 models ranging from low to mid 400s to the 600K range. So you can be in Colts Neck at a lower price point but give up square footage and lot size but the homes are newer and usually require less money to be spent on improvements....
Bill Kilbride
Web Reference:  http://www.BillKilbride.com
Carol Donate…, Agent, Colts Neck, NJ
Sat Apr 25, 2009
"The Grande " is your only choice if you do not like septic systems and well water . The Community is hooked up to Freehold for their water and sewer. The builder was able to "cluster build" or build on smaller lots because of this.

Carol Donatelli, CRS
http://www.crs.com/msite/6575289
Janice Bruno, , Colts Neck, NJ
Thu Jan 1, 2009
True, there is no "bad" neighborhood in Colts Neck. Buying in the Grande might be a good way to get your foot into Colts Neck's door . Many Colts Neck family's have started off in The Grande and have traded up a few years later. The Grande offers a community pool and there are ton's of children. However, I would say that living in The Grande is more like living in the city ( with homes fairly close to one another .) Most people move to Colts Neck to escape that scenario and gain more privacy.-bigger property and their own pool etc. But, it depends on what your preference's are. Personally, I prefer the far-eastern side of Colts Neck because it's more convenient to Red Bank,Shrewsberry, Lincroft and the Eatontown Mall for shopping. However,The Grande is close to tthe Freehold Mall and other shopping venues. In general, buying in Colts Neck would be a great investment. The town is beautiful, the schools are very good and it's a very safe place to live. Where else can you wake up surrounded by the beauty of lush,green meadow's dotted with grazing horses yet, have all the convenience's of great shopping? You really can't beat it. Unquestionably, there is no town in Monmouth County that has as much to offer as Colts Neck. That's why most people are in awe when you tell them that you live in Colts Neck.
Hank Schwartz, Agent, Colts Neck, NJ
Mon Dec 29, 2008
While it's true "The Grande" is not the upscale area one generally thinks of when referring to Colts Neck, it is a nice community of single family homes, attached homes and affordable housing units. Located on the western-most border of town, it is adjacent to Freehold Township. Single family homes in The Grande can be bought under $500,000 these days and the value is good. Taxes are low and one has the advantage of good schools and a Colts Neck address. I would be pleased to help you if you wish to search in the area. I am a Colts Neck resident and actively work this market.
Web Reference:  http://www.coltsnecknj.com
Heather Dacc…, , Monmouth County, NJ
Sun Dec 28, 2008
Hi Pat,
There aren't any bad neighborhoods in Colts Neck. The Grande is less expensive than other homes because the properties are smaller.

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to see homes in the area.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors
Office: 732-577-0440
Gregory Bain, , Ocean County, NJ
Sun Dec 28, 2008
I wouldn't say either are "bad" neighborhoods. But, a short drive around the two communities may well answer your question.
Web Reference:  http://RealEstate.com