Why is Seaside Heights real estate so cheap compared to other Jersey Shore areas?

Asked by Carl, Philadelphia, PA Wed Feb 23, 2011

For example, I can easily score a 2 bed, 1 bath home in Seaside Heights about 3 blocks from the Ocean for about 175K. Same house in Ocean City, Brigantine, or LBI will be a lot more than 175K.

Answers

2
Helen Cocuzza’s answer
Helen Cocuzza, Agent, BayHead, NJ
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Yes as Bruce said, the town is known for its rowdier Summer time festivities but that is also what makes it a great seashore escape. I live about 20 minutes from there, having moved down here to be near family many yrs ago in Lavallette (right next to Seaside). You also have to remember that the crowd that comes to Seaside typically do not live here, they are mainly outsiders & teenagers/to 20 something yr olds coming to experience that great Summer we've all done back in the day. I also have friends that live there with 3 children just blocks to the boardwalk & they love it! You or your wife can call me with any questions, I would be happy to assist you with maiking your decision! Good Luck ~ Helen

Helen Cocuzza Realtor Associate ~ Professional Staging~ Relocation Services
Homes At The Jersey Shore & More
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Mary Holder Office
(732)232-1614 Direct Email: Hcocuzza@maryholder.com
Web Reference:  http://www.Helencocuzza.com
Bruce Waller, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Seaside has been known to be a party town, as you already know thats where they have filmed Jersey Shore.
The town explodes in population from June til Sept. it also has a very large inventory of condo,s.. they range in price from 90,000 to 850,000. If your looking for a fun and enjoy the boardwalk, rides and night life its the place to be, if you want peace and quiet, its going to cost you.
check out the link to seasides available. there are 73 listings
http://mls.momls.com/MonmouthReports/ListitLib/show_report.a… User.AgentCode: [33182] -->
Let me know what you think.