Home Buying in Saint James>Question Details

RH, Home Buyer in Nesconset, NY

Why has 11 Pine St in Saint James been on the market for so long? Is there something wrong with it?

Asked by RH, Nesconset, NY Mon Jul 25, 2011

We are looking for an agent so if anyone could tell me about the immediate area around the home? The surrounding homes are small and not well kept, could that be why?

Answers

7
This was a great value for the purchaser who was fortunate to buy this lovely home. This was a bank owned home utilities were not on and that is scary for many buyers as a home inspection can only tell you so much if there is no electric or water and heat running. I am sure that contributed to the length of time on the market as well as the taxes being over $21K. Great deal since the assessment is well over $850K.
Most probably because the taxes are high. Many people can afford the house but the taxes push it out of their budget. Good news if the taxes are being grieved.If you like the house,work the numbers with your mortgage banker/broker and get an engineers report. If you have any questions about this area, ask me, I live in this town.
dcurti@realtyagent.com
Since you mention below "We've seen the house and its lovely but are worried there might be something bigger thats wrong with it", the only way to know for certainty if there is something wrong with it is to conduct an engineer's inspection; therefore if you are interested in purchasing the property no reason not to consider doing so.
This is a Stunning 3600 Sf Victorian home in the heart of St James, built in year 2007, with many upgrades, taxes are being grieved and can be dropped to quiet a bit.
Please feel free to call or email me for any questions you may have or would like to see the house..
Jane Zilpelwar
631-889-2997
jzilpelwar@yahoo.com
Remax Integrity Leaders
I feel you should be looking at the home at your earliest convenience. It is located in the "Heart" of St. James, one of my favorite towns, and off the main drag. It is well priced, taxes are high and are in the process of being grieved and expected to drop quite a bit.
We've seen the house and its lovely but are worried there might be something bigger thats wrong with it. Its never been lived in but has been empty for 4 yrs.
There are many reasons why a home could be on the market for a long time.
1) Priced too high compared to other homes in the area
2) The inside is totally Trashed
3) It has unrepairable Mold Issues
4) the Local market is really bad
5) It has unforeseen issues that have expensive repairs needed!
6) It has been sitting there just waiting for you!