Why does Trulia get addresses wrong?

Asked by Andrew Tobias, Denver, CO Fri Aug 23, 2013

Your software took my listing and put it on another street. Plus, no one responded to my requests to fix it.

Answers

7
Michael Cheng, Agent, San Jose, CA
Sat Nov 22, 2014
Likely it's purposeful negligence. Once you pay for an ad, they'll get it right.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com
Briony Wilson, Agent, Denver, CO
Thu Oct 16, 2014
It's all computer based so glitches do happen from time to time. It's an easy fix to call Trulia or any of these sites that you really do need to have your home marketed on, and have them fix it. Check out where people are going to search for homes in their areas or areas that they plan to move to.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Oct 10, 2014
Sellers have the option regarding allowing their homes information appearing on 'non-professional' websites. By consenting to have your home appear on sites like Trulia and Zillow you effectively lose all control of your homes information and how it will be used and how long the homes information will be leveraged.

If your agent did not disclose this to you, they deserve a bump on the head.

Seller should chose to NOT SYNDICATE to non-professional websites. Real, qualified buyers are using their access to the Multiple Listing Service to make their real estate decisions. Their agent instructs them to verify the home appears in the MLS before calling the agent. The value you think exists by losing control of your home information is pure deception.

You will not be able to put smoke back in the bottle, but you can try.
Chat with your agent and take the action that actually bring value to your effort.
Tracy Shaffer, Agent, Denver, CO
Fri Oct 10, 2014
Oye. This is why Realtors struggle with consumer websites. They are great for helping our clients become familiar with the market and send us properties that they like, that gives me great insight. But the information is not always accurate. If you are listed with an agent, have her contact Trulia personally, I've had good luck with their agent support.
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Sat Aug 24, 2013
Andrew,

We don't know your home address or the situation. The person who would is your listing agent who put your listing in the MLS. Most of the information Trulia gets on a listing comes directly from the MLS. If there is a problem you should address it with your listing broker. He is your representative and I am sure he would be glad to correct this situation.

Robert McGuire
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Sat Aug 24, 2013
Is your home listed for sale, or are you looking at the public record? and Are you taking about the map feature, or just a wrong address? if youre talking anout the map, This is a google maps issue not trulia. Google maps isn't perfect. Or it could be an issue with your agent not inputting the correct into in the MLS.
Christine Da…, Agent, Boulder, CO
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Have you contacted Trulia directly by phone? I found that is the best method to get help.