Jonathan  Wa…, Both Buyer and Seller in 60645

Why do agents listing condos on Trulia sometimes omit HOA fees or pet policies? Such details can be deal breakers and need to stated upfront.

Asked by Jonathan Walz, 60645 Sat Jun 9, 2012

Answers

11
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Trulia/zillow and other sites only import parts of the MLS listing data and agents have no control over it. Try realor.com or my site if you want more detailed data or have an agent set up a search for you. Sadly some agents do not even bother to fill in info on pet policies even though they are important. I constantly have to contact the other agent to find out those details. It's rather irritating.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Because these sites are great for tire kicking. When your serious about looking get put on a search through the MLS. 60-70% of stuff on these sites are inaccurate.
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Hi Jonathan,

Many of my clients are pet owners. I understand the importance of finding a home for you and your pet.

Let me know if you would like help finding a place. My services are free to you as a buyer.

Ivan Sagel
312-515-7823
IvanSagel@DwellOneRealty.com
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Sat Jun 9, 2012
The best source of data for a listing is the MLS. Most other sights have partial info.
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Realtors should always check their listings on Truila for complete info. If the ad is not accurate or info is missing, it is easy to edit the listing.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat Jun 9, 2012
The agents are not always to fault, sites like this get listings from a feed of local MLS systems in most cases. The fields do not import for HOA info. Agents would need to manually come back and add it to their loistings which some do but some do not.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Jonathan,

You have a valid point here. Some agents do not fill in all the info on the MLS,

They should at least have the HOA info listed, since all they have to do is ask the seller what the HOA fee is.

Pet policies, I have to say is something I NEVER see on the MLS. I always call the HOA managment company and ask for myself.

The best thing for you to do is have your agent investigate these things for you prior to writting up an offer.

Best Of Luck To You!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Jun 10, 2012
because real estate is not a job for non professionals to practice do it yourself projects.
You are quite right, RE is not a job for amateurs, that's why you have a license. I would never try to close a deal myself or shop the sell-by-owner market, too risky and I freely admit that I just don't know enough to stay out of trouble. However, I do believe the initial stages of searching and acquiring knowledge can begin as a do-it-yourself project and that the expertise of an agent can be reserved for the end game.
Flag Sun Jun 10, 2012
Robert Nowak, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Trulia does not have a direct link to the Realtor MLS and therefore has to copy from other marketing sources making data unreliable. My advice would be to use realtor.com or better yet a good agent should be doing the work for you.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Jun 9, 2012
While we are on the subject;

Why do Car Dealership omit the MILEAGE and the PRICE in advertisements?
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sat Jun 9, 2012
It is not that we don't list them, in the MLS system they are listed but we don't list listings here, they are imported most of the time by Trulia or from other sites that do not include them. There are many data fields in a listing and only so many can be included in the online sites. We do not select which fields are used, they do at the site where you are finding them.You should deal with a Realtor who can show you ALL the data and not just parts of it, which is what you get on the online sites.
Jonathan, the "Contact this Agent" button does work. I know I've gotten leads from it, and consider Trulia an excellent source of business.
Flag Sat Jun 9, 2012
I had no idea that these were robo-listings.
That would explain why when I hit the "Contact this Agent" button I never get any reply. Certainly calls into question the value of Trulia as a tool for consumers.
Flag Sat Jun 9, 2012