Ed E, Both Buyer and Seller in Maple Park, IL

Why are there so many older homes for sale in Holiday Island;and why is there no new construction?

Asked by Ed E, Maple Park, IL Fri Jun 25, 2010

Answers

1
Don Eiler, Agent, Holiday Island, AR
Sat Aug 21, 2010
Ed, holiday Island is going through a transition period where many people have been retired here 15-20 years. They don't partake in as many activities as they used to. They are planning to relocate closer to their children and grand children beofore any health problems so that their children don't have to deal with all of their belonings and selling their house.
Most of the customers that nomally replace them in these homes have had a big dent in their retirement, are having to work longer and the largest percentage can not sell their home where ever they live now. New construction is slow because of the same reasons.
Contact me for more info and help. I have been selling Holiday Island since 1981.
Thanks for your inquiry,
Don Eiler, GRI,CRS (Holiday Island Specialist)
479-253-7255