Why are the images on map not the houses in the picture up for sale?

Asked by Matt, San Mateo, CA Wed Jul 2, 2008

I click on a house and see the images, but when you look at the map with the satellite images of the street, the house for sale is not event there? Someone please shed some light on this matter, Thanks.

Answers

3
Homa Moaddel, Agent, Foothill Ranch, CA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Hi Matt,

The aerial photos or satellite images are taken at a specific time in the past. They do not update these images. So what you are looking at in the image or topography of the area before the developer came in and flaten the land and put up the houses. At some point in the future if they update these aerial photos with the most recent pictures and these homes will show up. Until than enjoy the natural topography. It gives you appreciation for the nature!

Homa
Broker Associate
Prudential California Realty
Bryan Merrill, Home Buyer, Walnut Creek, CA
Wed Jul 2, 2008
In my experience, the satellite images are 2-3 years old. Thus, recent development will not be reflected in the images. This is especially true in Mountain House, which was just started in 2004.

The satellite maps are really cool, but they still don't replace the need to drive through neighborhoods once you narrow your search. I just got the deal of a lifetime in Mountain House. In fact, my neighbor moved here from San Bruno...your neck of the woods. Good luck!
Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Wed Jul 2, 2008
I understand that most mapping images are not real time; also although some areas are extensively mapped out, others are very general. I own out of state properties that I know are there but never show up on mapping images, whether Google or any other site.