Kara, Home Buyer in League City, TX

Why are so many houses for sale in Benders Landing, Spring? Where is the new hot spot to live in Spring?

Asked by Kara, League City, TX Tue Mar 12, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1043414252-27427-Blue-Cedar-L…

Answers

5
cs, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Tue Mar 31, 2015
A lot of people that spend that much on a home want to be secluded with the building of Grand Parkway being so close this may be the reason they are putting their homes up for sale. Also the community is not gated. HOWEVER, they will so open a gated exclusive gated section and a lot of them will probably just move into that section. Some of the other "hot spot" and/or preferred subdivisions have already started building in their gated sections.
Frank Previte, , Spring, TX
Fri Apr 5, 2013
It is extremely convenient to the new Exxon campus being built, The Woodlands, and Bush Intl. Airport. There are a number of reasons for the sales listings: retired folks moving further out or out-of-state, people wanting to sell their home and build a bigger one--in Benders Landing or elsewhere, speculative builders trying to get product on the market to capitalize on the Exxon proximity, etc.

A number of the sellers are trying to take advantage of the very generous part of the IRS code that enables a married couple to sell their primary residence and exclude $500,000 in capital gains on their taxes. That means that they can put $500,000 in the bank. If you repeat the process, and a number of owners in Benders Landing are now on their second and third homes, this puts you in a great retirement situation--or set up Roth IRAs for the kids, or fund their college, etc..

If you have any questions about how this works, want to take advantage of it, or if you want cash back at closing--our commissions really are negotiable, email or call me for details.

Frank Previte
Homebuyers Realty Co.
cell or text: 281.415.4004
http://www.inside610properties.com
Susan Matson…, Agent, Spring, TX
Thu Mar 21, 2013
The beautiful Master Planned community of Gleannloch farms in Spring, TX close to 249 access and minutes to the Vintage Park upscale shopping and fine dining. About 30 minutes to The Woodlands and Exxon Mobil new headquarters.
Pam Saxton, Agent, Shenandoah, TX
Tue Mar 12, 2013
I think that a lot of what you are asking depends on your price point on homes and the schools you are comfortable with. Do you want a planned community, a gated community, a small community? All of these things need to be considered when you are trying to find the home you truly want.

Benders Landing has a lot of nice homes in there, and with the upward movement in real estate sales, a lot of people are opting to sell their home and move to another. Interest rates are down and larger priced homes can be purchased for much smaller payments than a few years ago, which is apprealing to many people.

There are some great areas in all price ranges. I will be happy talk with you and go over your specific needs and wants, and then I can give you much better and more educated answer to your questions. Let me know if you would like to talk. My number is 832-330-8368.
Can we talk considering selling home have questionst
Kay
832-347-1201
Flag Tue Feb 17, 2015
Stephanie Fi…, Renter, Greater Fifth Ward, Houston, TX
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Benders landing is a very nice subdivision in spring. I dont know if theres a specific "hot spot" but there are definitely preferred neighborhoods. Are you moving to the spring area? Any more questions feel free to email me at Stephanie.finley@garygreene.com