Why are houses overpriced in Burlington, IA ? The houses listed for 300K are WAY overpriced for the area. Why pay a premium here ?

Asked by Chitownmolly, Burlington, IA Thu Jul 5, 2012

Answers

4
Curly Sue, , Texas
Thu Apr 25, 2013
They'll have to appraise. If they're truly over priced they won't close.
Sheila Crown…, Agent, West Burlington, IA
Thu Apr 25, 2013
There are only 10 homes available in the 300,000 to 400,000 range and several are Mississippi River Views.
Jchip, Home Buyer, Minnesota
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Hi Chitownmolly, my husband and I had the same question when we moved to Burlington a few years ago. We noticed that there was a large gap in quality between the low-priced homes and the higher-priced homes. In particular, there was little quality in the middle-range.

If you're still interested in a home, we are looking to sell our home on a large, beautiful lot in a beautiful neighborhood. We refurbished our home and have reduced our asking price drastically in the past few months simply because we need to sell.

Here's a link:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1925-Highla…

My best to you as you look for the right home!
I love your listing. You guys did a great job staging it to make it look beautiful!
Flag Sat Feb 16, 2013
Chitownmolly, Home Buyer, Burlington, IA
Thu Jul 5, 2012
Sorry - I was referring to 300k AND UP homes. I've been looking in the range of 500-700k, but noticed overpriced homes starting at 300k.