Why am I unable to view the addresses of foreclosed homes? Is it for privacy reasons?

Asked by thrajnoha, Milwaukee, WI Thu Apr 11, 2013

Is there anyway to get more details on the property online (for free, preferably) without going through a realtor?

Answers

7
KerryAnn Dou…, Agent, Hales Corners, WI
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Where are you looking at the list? If it is RealtyTrac their information is out of date. They list homes that are in the foreclosure process, not necessarily for sale or ever will be for sale.

I publish a FREE list of foreclosed homes weekly. You're welcome to it, but you should know I'm a Realtor providing free information. If you'd like it you can access it from my Facebook page or provide me your e-mail address and I can send it to you with everyone else that has requested that free information. You can also opt out of the e-mail at any time.
Joseph Roraff, Agent, Onalaska, WI
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Realty Trac makes you pay a monthly fee to see their foreclosed houses on the market. Contact a REALTOR in your area and they can get you the info you need.
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Fri Apr 12, 2013
You are probably are looking at homes that are advertised by Realtytrac. You have to pay to join Realtytrac, to be able to see the addresses. You are better off using a Buyer's Agent to assist you (and the Seller pays the commission).
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Apr 12, 2013
If you are looking at a Realty Trac "AD" than there usually is not an address as they do not sell homes and simply print information on home sin the foreclosure process leaving out key facts to get you to subscribe. Any real home for sale will include an address. Banks do not sell homes on their own, they hire a Real Estate agent to look out for them. You can go direct to the listing agent as there is some advantages however if you are unsure of the bank owned home process, you may want to hire a buyer agent who is highly experienced in sellling bank owned homes to guide you.
Team Perzacki, Agent, Brookfield, WI
Fri Apr 12, 2013
If you are unable to view the address it is most likely because it is not actively for sale on the MLS yet. All banks and other entities, such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, use the services of real estate agents. If you are working with a realtor, they will have all the latest and up to date information about every property available ~ including foreclosures, reo's, short sales, estates and non-distressed properties. If you wish to not work with a realtor, the information will eventually become available to the general public, through public websites, but by then the property could already be sold. Hope this helps!
Kris Plechaty, Agent, Menomonee Falls, WI
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Good Morning,

In order to set up a showing to see a home, you need to schedule it through a real estate agent. The foreclosed property is listed by a real estate agent (banks don't sell properties directly...they use the services of an agent). Contacting an agent who can represent you on your behalf is your best option. Agents have access to set up showings for all foreclosed properties, and as the previous answer suggested...you don't pay for an agent to represent you. Their commission is paid for by the bank that holds the foreclosed property. It's a win-win for you!

Good luck...let me know if I can help!

Kris Plechaty - First Weber Group Realtors
Rob Wagner, Agent, Germantown, WI
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Your best bet is to go through a Realtor. It costs you as a buyer nothing to work with an agent, and a good Realtor will work hard to help you find what you want.

You have nothing to lose getting info from an agent.