Why Real Estates agent don't answer my questions?????

Asked by Marci Collet, 90272 Wed Feb 11, 2009

I have sent many emails to agents regarding some foreclosure properties in Atlanta, ( College Park/other areas) and never got any response the only thing I have got is : pre-qualify, since I have the cash I don't thing I need to be pre-qualify, I leave out of state (Ca), what can I do to get agents to answer my questions before getting on the plane?

Answers

19
Solomon Gree…, Agent, Duluth, GA
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Marci,

I don't accept the premise because I have responded to your questions.

A couple of things. First, your email address may be blocked by professionals or your own server because of the highly unpfrofessional name you use. I'm still not sure how the KW system let you through with that email address.

Secondly, you have been inquiring about properties in Metro Atlanta and properties over a five hour drive away from Metro Atlanta, yet each received a response from me. Most serious buyers have narrowed their search to at least a general market area.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it seems that some level of self assessment is in order. You did not bother to return my telephone call, but nontheless, if you'd like further assistance, I remain ready and willing to serve.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / Consultant - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Marci,

You need a fiduciary with a Georgia real estate salesperson's license working on your behalf.

Hire a Trulia Voice and get your network in place on the Southside.

Written offers get the REO agent's attention - otherwise, many have lousy customer service and you just found that out.

Sherry's first answer is a good one, but you need a fiduciary who knows how to get things done that you want to get done.
Samuel Awoso…, , Atlanta, GA
Sun Feb 15, 2009
Hey Marci,

Another thing you can do is to obtain a proof of funds letter from your bank. This lets agents know you have cash and are ready to spend. Asking buyers if they are pre-qualified is not out of the ordinary. We do this to know what you will be able to afford. But if your coming with cash, it's good to have a proof of funds letter for the seller to know your serious about purchasing property.

I personally think you just haven't come across the right agent willing to help you regardless if you have the funds or not. There are plenty of agents here on Trulia that are willing to help you as you can see by the amount of answers received for your question. Good luck to you!
Marci Collet, Home Buyer, 90272
Fri Feb 13, 2009
Hi! Solomon,

You are absolutely right you did answered about the property in South Georgia, near the ocean and mostly the 5 Acres that come with it, but then I realized it was too far away from Atlanta, and will be more difficult to rent, that's why I change my mind...but I do apologize for any inconvenient you had.

In your answer you also made a reference to my "email address"....I don't really understand why anyone will not answer to it even if it may sound to them "unprofessional", you don't judge people by the car they drive do you?? Or the way they dresses, well! if you do...then you should look around and ask why our economy is down the drain.

I don't have to impress anyone nor anybody, I am who I am too bad if my email address will not "spicybabe's" some of you, but it's what it is and I will stand by. Nice doing business with you.
Jeff Anthony, Agent, Kennesaw, GA
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Just be upfornt with them in your initial contact and tell them that you are a cash buyer. As they say money talks. Try sending these listing agents an email with your questions followed by a phone call and then another email.

You also have to be persistent. These agents are covered up with phone calls and with potential leads. A lot of these agents have too many listings under their belt as the banks seem to only trust one agent and they will give all of their properties to that one agent. What then happens? That agent is too busy to give you the buyer good customer service.

If you did not want to use a Buyers agent to help, no problem, but just be prepared that you will need to be persistent with the listing agent.
Ronald A Col…, , Trenton, MI
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Find a good Buyer"s Agent .

Why Use a REALTOR® When Buying a Home?
A real estate agent can help you understand everything you need to know about the home buying process.

Not all real estate licensees are the same; only those who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR " ®" trademark on their business cards and other marketing and sales literature.

REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reported that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.

Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments of most people’s lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $250,000. If you had a $250,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a certified professional accountant? If you had a $250,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be wise to work with a professional REALTOR® when you are buying a home.

If you're still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are more reasons to use one:

Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power - that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders - banks and mortgage companies - offer limited choices.
Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, etc. There are two things you'll want to know: First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
Your REALTOR® can help you with negotiations and inspections. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or appliances. The purchase agreement should allow time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the property evaluation. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports.
You will also want to see a preliminary report on the property title. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title search company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
Your REALTOR® can help you understand different financing options and identify qualified lenders.
Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
Bill Piper, , Atlanta, GA
Thu Feb 12, 2009
I'm in the process of closing 4 REO's on the Southside of Atlanta at this time. I grew up on the Southside, and it's where I do business. I also market homes for rent for investors after they've bought and fixed up their properties, and have a property management company that I work with to manage those properties if needed. If you need help on the Southside, you're welcome to contact me. If you want to buy houses in midtown, call Lee or Solomon. If you want to buy houses in Macon, call a Macon agent. If you are trying to buy homes directly from REO listing brokers, good luck. As has already been stated, you need to have a Buyer's Agent to look after your welfare here.

Good Luck,

Bill Piper
Keller Williams Realty South
770-309-5958
billpiper@kw.com
Tony Grech, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Southfield, MI
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Marci,
I'm not a real estate agent so I'll spare you any sales pitch :)

My best advice is to be specific in terms of what you are looking for - price range,area (not"College park/others"),how many homes you are looking to purchase, and whether you are ready to purchase immediately.

Foreclosures are tough sometimes and it's not as simple as getting on a plane with a briefcase full of cash,seeing a home, and walking into a bank then paying cash and walking out with the title and the keys. At the very least, provide prospective agents with a couple banks statements or something to show you have the funds available. And also dealing with an out of state buyer is sometimes difficult too. So if you are looking at a relatively inexpensive home (under $100,000) those variables may simply make it not worth an agents time and effort. With respect to getting pre-qualified, a lot of banks require this regardless of whether you intend to pay cash, so just do it.

Think about it this way, what agent is going to want to spend their weekend driving around an out of towner showing her houses all around if she doesn't know what she wants? That is an agent's nightmare. Contrary to popular belief, the truly good agents out there are not falling over each other trying to get business anyway they can. So be more detailed and you'll proibably get a better response. Good luck!
Donna Walters, Agent, Macon, GA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Please visit our web site at: http://www.maconhomes.com -- which has a Foreclosure search option. We will be glad to help you with any of your real estate needs in the state of Georgia. Feel free to contact us.
Web Reference:  http://www.maconhomes.com
Felicia Will…, Agent, Fayetteville, GA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Hi Marcia,

I sorry to hear that you have not had any luck having your questions answered. I work will bank owned properties and live in Union City, GA which is about 10 mins for College Park. If I can answer any questions for you please do hesitate to contact me at feliciasellsgeorgia@yahoo.com

Felicia Williams
Solid Source Realty
770-369-0261
Deryk Harper, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Hi Marci,
Give Lee a call below. He can help cut through the BS and get the results you need.
Deryk
Tegan DeClark, , Marco Island, FL
Wed Feb 11, 2009
To answer your question, some agents may feel that they are unqualified to deal with foreclosures. There are a lot of factors involved in foreclosures. Contact an agent in the area which feel confident in working with foreclosure purchases (Another post of which you could make on Trulia). Also, some questions may be answered by a Real Estate attorney, especially if you are asking the agents questions which they feel may put them in a liability situation if they answer incorrectly.

When I have foreclosure buyers, I can answer questions about the area, the property itself and the complex or community, but when it becomes legal advice, this is something I am unlicensed to do.

Hopefully I have helped you out, I wish you luck. And it seems that there are several Trulia agents who have posted in the area who are willing to answer your questions.

Tegan DeClark
Independent Brokers Realty.
Web Reference:  http://www.onmarco.com
Scott Eaves, , Atlanta, GA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Marci,

First of all, I apologize on behalf of the industry for your frustration. You need to hire a Buyer's Agent. A buyer's agent can get your questions answered. Unfortunately, some companies who represent lenders do not have the resources to respond to every question received by unrepresented buyers.

I live in Hapeville which is right next door to Atlanta and College Park. Please let me know if I can help.
Rick Payne As…, Agent, Norcross, GA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Hello Marci Collet,

I'm a real esatate agent in Metro Atlanta and surrounding areas. I would appreciate the oopportunity to work for you. Please review my website at http://www.rickpaynesold.com. Especially, review "About Me." and the other information on my website. This should give you a better understanding why I believe I can service you better then other real estate agents.

My contact information is Z(cell) 678-427-5512 and (email) repayne7@bellsouth.net.

I look forward to hearing back from you in the near future. I know I can find you the those right foreclosure properities.

Rick Payne
Michelle Cam…, , Metro Atlanta
Wed Feb 11, 2009
I have lived in that area and am very familiar with College Park and East Point. Let me know if I can help.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Have your considered contacting a Trulia agent direct at times with as much spam a realtor receives it may never reach an agent. Sorry to hear you are having problems, agents would love have your business.

Even if you have cash proof of funding via a statement from your banker is still required and attached to any offer submitted.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Julie Britta…, Agent, Dunwoody, GA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Hey Marci. I'm in Atlanta, however, I don't sell in the College Park area, that's why I haven't responded. I sell North of I-20. Would you like for me to find an agent for you in Colleg Park?

Julie Brittain
404-966-3328
http://www.TeamBrittain.com
Gina Sharma, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Feb 11, 2009
I apologize for the frustration. Do let me know what you are looking for and I would be happy to assist you. You can reach me at Ginasharma11@yahoo.com or check out my website for more information on foreclosures.

Wish you the best in your relocation to Georgia.
Sherry E. Go…, , 28694
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Send e-mail stating "HAVE CASH, READY TO BUY, INTERVIEWING BUYER AGENTS NOW. This should grab their attention. Wish you were buying in my area.