Who represents me and looks out for my best interest when buying a home in the villages?

Asked by kevin34786, The Villages, FL Fri Sep 28, 2012

The sales agents work for the villages and most of the homes are listed and sold exclusive thru the villages new home and resales department, except for the few thats listed with outside companys? Sales agents that work for the villages get paid by the villages how do I know im being looked after fairly if the sales persons loyalty is with their company/ Can I have a buyers agent that works for me to look after my interest ?

Answers

7
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Tue Nov 6, 2012
Of course, you can hire your own buyer's agent. A real estate agent has many resources to assist, can guide you through the buying process and make sure everything flows together smoothly. It is crucial for you to hire an agent that you can trust to advice you and advocate on your behalf.

Best if Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Do I pay the realtor thats my buyers agent out of my pocket on top of the price of the house ?
Flag Wed Nov 7, 2012
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 6, 2012
-
That's as bad as buying a home thru the isting agent!

You need your own Buyer's Agent representation to help negotiate your best deal as well as a Buyer's Agent Attroney in your corner too.

Here is the kind of savings and benefits I can help arrange for buyers thru my realtor partners:

Example:

FLORIDA REALTOR GFB (Good Faith Bid)

Est. Purchase Price: $250,000

Est. Buyer’s Agent credit to Buyer= $3,500

Buyer Requests Credit to be applied towards: (choose 5 items)

_X_ Closing Costs

_X_ Attorney Representation for Buyer

_X__ Rate Reduction to desired rate of: 2.75%

_X_ Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy Gift Card

__ Home Warranty

___ Home Improvement / Repairs

___ Debt payoff

___ Moving Company

_X__ Other: new appliances and monthly lawn care

CHOOSE FROM LIST BELOW

pay towards down payment (on certain programs)
pay for the 1st full year of home ins.
pay for taxes and ins. escrows
pay for home repairs
pay off credit card debt and auto loans
pay off collections and judgments
pay to lower the sales price
pay for new furniture
pay to upgrade all new appliances
pay for home remodeling and additions
pay to have home painted
pay for weekly pool maintenance
pay for credit repair
pay for landscaping
pay for monthly lawn care
pay for new A/C system
…and/or even pay prior realtor for their efforts

NOTE: consumers should shop lenders and realtors for their Best Overall Deal.

The Florida Real Estate Commission(FREC) Rule 61J2-10.028 (2) provides that a licensee may share brokerage compensation with a party to a transaction as long as full disclosure is given to all interested parties.

US Dept. of Justice Consumer Alert: Consumers Can Save Thousands of Dollars in Commissions
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/florida.html
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/commission-tab…

Contact me and I’ll introduce you to realtors who offer Buyer’s Agent Credit savings anywhere in FL.

Steve McRory

Pro Option Mortgage

http://www.pro-option.com

steve@pro-option.com

Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
===
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Mon Nov 5, 2012
A buyers agent, go get one.

Otherwise good luck.

Ruth
Alistair Bar…, Agent, Fruitland Park, FL
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Hi Kevin,

Yes buyers agents can work with you to make sure that your interests are protected.

Remember though that if an agent is representing you as a buyer's agent, they cannot also represent a seller and therefore the situation would not allow an agent to sell you one of their own listings - which might be the perfect one for you.

I personally would look for an agent that you TRUST and feel comfortable working with. Then there is no need to tie you into a buyers broker agreement and you will have the full choice of the MLS market.

Remembering that Villages sales agents get more money overall for selling new homes so expect them to be leaning towards a new one.......

If we can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Alistair Powell
Broker/Owner

ENGEL & VÖLKERS, The Villages Realty
Licensee of Engel & Voelkers Florida Residential, LLC

13690 N US Highway 441, Suite 300
The Villages, FL 32159
USA
Office: +1 352 450 4505
Mobile: +1 352 391 0091
Facsimile: +1 352 561 4542
Web: http://www.TheVillages.EVUSA.com
Email: alistair.powell@engelvoelkers.com

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please immediately delete its contents and notify us. This e- mail was checked for virus contamination before being sent - nevertheless, it is advisable to check for any contamination occurring during transmission. We cannot accept any liability for virus contamination.

Diese e-mail einschließlich ihrer Anhänge ist vertraulich. Wir bitten, eine fehlgeleitete e-mail unverzüglich zu löschen und uns eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen. Wir haben die e-mail beim Ausgang auf Viren geprüft - wir raten jedoch wegen der Gefahr auf den Übertragungswegen zu einer Vireneingangskontrolle. Eine Haftung für Virenfreiheit schließen wir aus.
Web Reference:  http://www.engelvoelkers.com
Robert Schut…, , The Villages, FL
Sat Sep 29, 2012
YES TO BUYERS AGENT, BOB 352-643-0022
Beverly Howe, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Sep 28, 2012
The Seller's agent never represents the buyer. It does not cost the buyer more to work with an Exclusive Buyer Broker purchasing a new property. The following paragraphs are from my 21 Critical Mistakes Buyers Can Make and relate to purchasing from a builder or developer.

8. IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, ONLY A BUYER BROKER CAN LEGALLY NEGOTIATE FOR THE LOWEST PRICE FOR THE BUYER. The exclusive buyer broker must take care of the buyer’s best interest throughout the transaction, including keeping the buyer’s financial information and motivation to buy confidential. The exclusive buyer broker has genuine liability in the real estate purchase transaction.

9. THE BUILDER´S AGENT NEVER REPRESENTS THE BUYER. All builders have a real estate commission included in their price which also compensates an exclusive buyer broker. In Florida, builders do not sell a property for less if you do not use the services of a buyer broker. All builder contracts say, "You cannot rely upon the verbal representations" made by "their" agents or representatives. Builder’s contracts may have 70 or more pages. I know what questions to ask and what clauses to look. Often the buyer does not get an opportunity for an attorney review until after they sign the contract.

10. MANY BUYERS GIVE UP THEIR RIGHT TO WORK WITH AN EXCLUSIVE BUYER BROKER when they go to the builder without an exclusive buyer broker (or any agent) on their initial visit.

All builders have time limits which will allow you to change agents or come back with an exclusive buyer brokers after you sign in. Typically, they are 90 days to one year. I accompany buyers to preview models with builders to find the best locations, quality of construction and community in the buyer’s price range.

For more important information for all Florida buyers you can visit my informative home page at http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com You may want to read my information on toxic Chinese Drywall, if there is a possibility you might be buying a resale built between 200 and 2010.

Be sure to look for an "Exclusive" Buyer Broker in the Villages area.

Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC, CIPS
broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
Robbie Shoem…, , The Villages, FL
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Kevin,

That's a great question. As an outside brokerage we can represent you as a single agent and look out for your best interest by pulling recent comps for sales price and providing you with excellent companies for home inspection, termite inspection, insurance, etc. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. One thing is for sure, as an outside brokerage I can only represent you for homes not listed by The Villages properties; however, if there are other homes that you are interested in I have some great agent within The Villages that I could put you in touch with and they truly would look out for your best interest.

Robbie Shoemaker
Oxford Land Company
352-303-6798