Here's the link to the official website. The number in my original post will also get you the buildings department (and their answering machine after hours). Regards, C.
Land Management >> Building and Zoning Division >> Overview
Michael Benincasa, Chief Building Inspector
* Administer the Town Code Chapter 123, Building Construction, and Chapter 330, Zoning, and interpret and enforce all associated regulation pertaining to the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code.
* Administer and enforce, both at the Town and Village levels, the National Electrical Code.
* Accept, review and process all building permits, sign permits, certificates of occupancy, accessory apartment, certificates of compliance, two year rental permits and all other applications submitted for consideration by the Zoning Board of Appeals, and the Architectural Review Board.
* Administer Town Code Chapter 143 and enforce the Townâ€™s Home Improvement Contractor Licensing program.
* Perform inspections to determine compliance with local municipal ordinances and regulations regarding building, zoning, electrical, fire safety, sanitation, signs, site development, subdivision of land, road improvement, natural resource conservation and all other aspects of land development.