Investor 2011, Real Estate Pro in Laurel, MD

Who has worked with Ryan Homes in Odenton, Maryland?

Asked by Investor 2011, Laurel, MD Fri May 27, 2011

Is there any room for negotiation on pricing, options, closing costs, etc? What things will they negotiate on? Any input would be helpful.

Answers

5
I worked with Ryan Homes sister company NV Homes for 9 years and Ryan will negotiate just like anyone else selling homes in todays market. They try to tell you that the price is what it is but thye need to sell homes. The best time to buy a Ryan Home is at the end of a month. All of their divisions need to meet their monthly sales goals and if they are behind their monthly plan for sales they will negotiate more than they usualyy would. If a neighborhood is selling good then they may not need to negotiate as much. It really depends on which location you are looking to buy in. Call me or email me if you have any questions.
Hi there! The other realtors have already told you that generally they don't co-op with us. I would suggest definitely getting a home inspection and if you build with them, I would stay very involved in making sure the home is built to your specs and requirements. Because they don't co-op with Agents usually, we can't help you too much with how their process works...but definitely read and make sure you understand EVERYTHING before you sign to and agree to it! Best of luck to you...let me know if we can help! It doesn't cost you anything to have a buyer agent represent you on your purchase...as long as they co-op with Realtors.
You won't find many realtors who have worked with Ryan Homes. Best advise is make sure your contract with Ryan allows you a home inspection and that Ryan will make any repairs the inspector deems necessary.
Ryan Homes typically doesn't co-op/pay Realtors. So, very few agents would have. Although, tons of agents have sold their homes afterwards and I have personally worked with them before.

I would recommend getting a home inspection on any new construction home. The best home inspectors in the business is Highland Home Inspections @ 410.772.9932.
Hi Investor,

Ryan homes is a very reputable company. However they usually do not pay a commission to real estate agents which means you are on your own working with the builder's representative on negotiation. There is always negotiating room but it helps if you know in advance the current re-sale value of similar homes. Sometimes the price might not be negotiable but getting an option like a sunroom might be. They often require you to use their lender to receive any special savings and you will need to know in advance that most builders do not split the transfer and recordation taxes with you which will add thousands to your closing costs.

If you'd like me to check the specific community you are interested in to see if they co-op I would be happy to do so. You would then have the right to no cost (to you) representation.