Who do you report a grievance regarding a Realestate agent?

Asked by Dianne, Liverpool, NY Fri May 28, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Nicole, Home Owner, Clay, NY
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Sorry to hear, did you have a conversation with the agent first?
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat May 29, 2010
Sorry to hear you are having problems

Not knowing the circumstance best contact their broker 1st who might be able to "clear the air". At times buyer / seller may not fully understand all activities involving real estate "heard myths"

Or you can file a complaint with local board and the state

Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat May 29, 2010
Consider the following:

1. contact the agent's broker and explain your concerns...they SHOULD be able to support you! if not....

2. contact the local "board of realtors" and express the need for filing a complaint. They will be able to outline their process for you.

3. If all else fails, contact an attorney for their advice.
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri May 28, 2010
You can start by contacting the broker owner or office manager of the realty office first, you can contact the local Board of Realty or you can contact the NYS Department of Licensing--depending on your grievance, you may wish to consult with an attorney beforehand.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more