Who do i contact i am interested in the house at 701 Farraday, Washington, DC?

Asked by Marilyn P, District of Columbia Mon Feb 1, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kelly Putz, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Tue Feb 2, 2010
Hi Marilyn,

I would recommend you get a Buyer's Agent. If you contact the listing agent and you decide you want to buy the house, they will offer to represent you (which is legal in DC), but they cannot fully represent you as their first duty is a fiduciary one to the seller. Meaning they can't tell you how LOW the seller is willing to go and their main goal is to get the MOST money for the house for their seller. Also, a Buyer's Agent's fees are paid from the seller at the sale of the house, not from you, so you don't have to worry about that.

701 Farraday is being offered by Brandon Green Properties, a very reputable company in DC that does lots of foreclosures, REOs, renovated properties, bank-owned, etc. so they know what they are doing to get things done fairly quickly. The seller is also offering 3.5% closing credit if settlement is by May 1 - easily doable if you have your financing in place. With that, on top of the Federal Tax Credit, if you bought it at the listed price, you are looking at about $13,000-$14,500 toward the house NOT coming out of your pocket.

If you are interested in talking to a Buyer's Agent, I'm licensed in DC, MD and VA and would love to have the opportunity to meet with you and talk about financing options and what type of home your interested in.

Kelly Putz
Kangal Real Estate
0 votes
Kenyatta Ma…, Agent, Lanham, MD
Mon Feb 1, 2010
Hi Marilyn,

I would recommend that you contact your Realtor. If you are not working with one I am available to assist you in your homebuying process. Feel free to contact me, I can be reached at (202) 351-8711 and by email kenyatta.massey@mris.com

Thanks and have a great day.

Kenyatta Massey
Keller Williams Realty Consultants
0 votes
joi yeldell, Agent, Annapolis, MD
Mon Feb 1, 2010
Hi Marilyn
This is a fanniemae foreclosure that is available to purchase. To arrange a showing, feel free to give me a call at (202) 256-4350 or contact me via email at http://www.jyeldell@weichert.com. Take care and havea great day!
0 votes
Jason Skipwo…, Agent, Washington, DC
Mon Feb 1, 2010
You should contact the Listing Agent for the property if you do not currently have a Buyer's Agent working with you and for you. It is in your best interest to have an Agent who fully represents you in shopping for properties and purchasing real estate. Most people think they will get a better deal if they try and purchase without an Agent. This is a myth because then you have no one representing your interest in the purchase, and the other Agent is often getting paid the commission that would normally be split between themself and your Agent.
0 votes
Christine Ba…, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Mon Feb 1, 2010
As A Buyer agent, I am happy to meet you there and show you this property should you need assistance. I have a client who recently bought a home in this neighborhood.
I am a Buyer Agent with McEnearney Assocoiates and have 12 years of real estate sales experince.
Let me know if you'd like to meet and see it.
Christine Basso, REALTOR
0 votes
Ron Scott,GRI, , Milton, MA
Mon Feb 1, 2010
If this home is listed with a broker contact them. If not call owner directly.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more