AnnK, Home Buyer in Westborough, MA

Who can we talk to, in Westborough, that can assist us with questions regarding Mass Housing loans and the Soft Second program?

Asked by AnnK, Westborough, MA Tue Mar 27, 2012

Answers

9
Brandon O'Neal’s answer
Hi Ann K,

This is a good resource for finding out that may be able to help you with your questions. There is also an application on the right hand side of the screen for you to review .

http://www.massaffordablehomeloan.com/application/

The best bet is to talk with a good lender. I can refer several to you (including one at Mortgage Master's, from the website above) that will provide professional advice if you like.
Ann,

My question to you is why are you looking just at that program? MA Housing is a great program for people with less than perfect credit, low down payment, etc. The benefit to that program is there are limited pricing or rate adjusters should your credit not be excellent or if you are purchasing a condo.

We have conventional programs with 3% down that may be better for you if your credit is excellent. There is no need for a soft 2nd, more flexible ratio requirements than MA Housing, no homebuyer courses to take, and no potential payback of the subsidy that MA housing uses to fund the program should you sell down the road. You can even buy out your PMI at a lower cost completely. Hopefully you have done your exploring and found out that MA Housing is the best for you...if not we are right in Westborough as well and would be more than happy to talk with you for a 2nd opinion.

Wes Oliver
Prestige Home Mortgage
508-332-4171
woliver@prestigehomemortgage.com
Avidia Bank, which has an office in downtown Westborough, is a Mass Housing Lender. I would recommend reaching out to them.

Donald Frost
Vice President Residential Lending
978-567-3659
https://www.avidiabank.com/

At the end of the day only a qualified loan officer is able to answer your specific questions. Qualifications differ depending on the specific available lending program/product and other important variables.

I hope this helps. Good luck in your purchase journey.
Kevin L. Santos
Thanks again for the great referrals. I was just wondering if anyone knows how mass housing loans look at your debt ratio if they know you want a soft second for down payment? Will they lower the affordability on the first mortgage?
Hi Ann
I would call Gene Michael Deary at Bank of Canton. 508-832-0078. he is an expert on these loans. I have sent many clients to him. After you get preapproved, please feel free to call me about your home search or log onto my website at http://www.centralnewenglandhomes.com to begin your search.
I would follow Richards advice below. A local lender that offrs that program is the best path.
Hi Annk,

I highly recommend the following individual for Mass Housing Loans and she's right in Wesborough:

Kathy Tower

Senior Loan Consultant

Reliant Mortgage Company, LLC

2200 West Park Drive, suite 420

Westborough, MA 01581

508.414.8069 fax 253.498.0149

ktower@reliantloan.com

NMLS#18960

Please let me know if you need anything else - thanks!

Amy
If you want a local community lender, go to: https://www.masshousing.com and you can find a list of lenders there.

If that doesn't help, speak with your Buyer Agent.

Best of luck!

j
The town has nothing to do with the program. I would suggest calling Rockland Savings Bank. They are a fairly large Mass Housing Lender.