While choosing realtor what things we need to keep in mind OR what all Questions we need to ask?

Asked by Uma, Portland, OR Thu Aug 27, 2009

Answers

3
Marilyn Mays, Agent, Portland, OR
Sun Aug 30, 2009
I think you want to think about what questions the realtor asks you; how much do they want to know about you before helping you find the right home. It is important to sit down together and have a discussion about your needs, wants , likes, must haves, must not haves. The focus is on you, not them. You need to feel comfortable that they will do their best to help you find the right home, and that they have the skills to bring you back on track if you lose sight of your original intent. There is a lot of inventory, you want a realtor who will not waste your time looking at everything that might possibly work for you.
trenace jeff…, Agent, Gretna, LA
Thu Aug 27, 2009
As a buyer some of the questions a buyer should ask are; How familiar are you with the subdivision they are moving into? What are the property taxes and how often have they increased and on what percentage rate? What type of loan should they buyers really be considering? Why do I need inspections and what concerns should I have before signing a Purchase Agreement.
Abe Mills, Agent, Greenville, SC
Thu Aug 27, 2009
I would ask for recent references. They will gladly tell you of their experiences. Also, if your gut feeling is to keep looking for another agent, listen to it.