Which towns use Earned Income (Wage) Tax in Lower Bucks? Looking to BUY and for an EXPERIENCED agent

Asked by Jeff K, Bristol, PA Wed Mar 4, 2009

I'm a buyer looking at Lower Bucks - down to about the PA Tnpk. Excellent credit (800) and well-qualified. Single - no kids. The following areas seem nice but I'd consider others: Newtown, Yardley, Langhorne, Trevose, Feasterville, parts of Bensalem.

Target homes up to $350K. I AM OPEN to properties that need work, short-sales, foreclosures, etc.

Potential Agents - please only contact me if you are Experienced with short-sales, foreclosures, etc. You help me and I'll take good care of you also.

I am in NJ now and looking forward to trading my 6.37 state income tax for PA's 3.07! I'd also like to avoid the 1% earned income (wage) tax that some towns have. I'd rather spend this money to get a better house. But ... a great opportunity will override this consideration.

So ... WHO has the list of what towns / municipalities have the 1% "wage tax"? Combine these for my email: jkling and nac.net.

Answers

5
Brian Hicks, , Doylestown, PA
Wed Mar 4, 2009
Hello Jefferson-I sent you some attachments showing wage taxes in certain lower Bucks county areas...Look forward to hearing from you!
Brian
Jeff K, Home Buyer, Bristol, PA
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Hey! My old question is coming back to haunt me after all this time? Yardley was at the top of my list but I found a delightful place on the river in Bristol Borough.

Brian sent me some very good information. It was from the ONLY site that has this complete data in an accurate format. This is at: munstatspa.dced.state.pa.us/Registers.aspx

Unfortunately, the Interactive tool at http://www.suburbanrealtorsalliance.com is NOT accurate. This is too bad since it is very nicely done and easy to use. If anyone bought somewhere as a result of this they might get tax they didn't expect ... or not pay tax that they did expect - they got it wrong all over the place.

Jeff
Kcsing08, , Yardley, PA
Tue Apr 28, 2009
The agents in the Newtown-Yardley area obviously don't know what they are talking about (see the link below). Newtown has a 1% EIT (wage tax) for residents and nonresidents working in Newtown that don't pay EIT in there jurisdiction. Yardley doesn't have any EIT for residents. I just moved to Yardley where the property taxes are higher than Newtown (in my price range of $700k the tax comparisons were $13,000 vs $10,500 annually). So, for a true apples to apples comparison you need to add 1% of your gross income if living in Newtown OR living in Yardley but working in a jurisdiction that does have EIT to the overall tax bill. This will obviously depend on your household income. I live in Yardley and work in N NJ, but my company calls my position "work from home" allowing me to bipass any EIT for any jurisdictions I would work in. Another thing to weigh is the school districts - Council Rock (Newtown) is ranked higher than Pennsbury (Yardley). Council Rock ranked 15th in PA and Pennsbury ranked 37th - both ranked very high. I hope this helps!
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Sat Mar 7, 2009
You have already got the link to information about earned income tax. In Pa the buyer's agent can be paid by seller through the listing agent. There are many short sales listed in the multiple listing. A good buyer's agent can help you find a home from a motivated seller, short sale or foreclosure listed in mls.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com
Fran and Mark…, Agent, Yardley, PA
Fri Mar 6, 2009
Jefferson

Check out the Suburban Realtors Alliance at the following http://www.suburbanrealtorsalliance.com
You will find Municipal infomation for towns throughout Southeastern PA along with a lot of other helpfull information. We work primarily in the Yardley,Newtown area, where there is no earned income tax. If you decide to look here give us a call.