Kelly Smith, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Which neighborhood is better Skybrook-huntersville or Vermillion-huntersville?

Asked by Kelly Smith, Charlotte, NC Thu Jul 26, 2012

Which neighborhood would you recommend in terms of good schools, low crime rate, resale value, and overall living. Thanks!

Answers

12
Lynn Alvarez, Agent, Huntersville, NC
Mon Jun 6, 2016
David E. Joh…, , Cornelius, NC
Sat Aug 11, 2012
2- different communities with different housing and amenities. Your question can only be answered by you! I can easily give you the websites for investigating the level of crime, just a statistic. The school websites will also give you great statistics but you have to be the judge. Home values, I can help you with. Let me know your home buying goals and I can evaluate how the market has changed over the past several years.
John Kelly, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Aug 3, 2012
Kelly,

Great question, your best bet for getting the answer to your question would be to contact the local Police Departments that service those subdivisions. They will be able to give you all the statistics.

Please let me know if I can assist you furher, I have SOLD several properties in the Skybrook community.

thanks,

John Kelly
704-614-5521
Brittany Jam…, , Charlotte, NC
Mon Jul 30, 2012
I see you are looking to move into one of these great communities in which you would not go wrong with either but if you need help with your move check out this company at http://www.bestintownmovers.com.
Kelly Smith, Home Buyer, Charlotte, NC
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Thank you for all of the great comments.
Kathleen Tur…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Hi Kelly - Both neighborhoods are great and offer residents a variety of amenities. I do not think you would go wrong with either! Find several houses that appeal to you in both neighborhoods and see which "speaks to you". Also, drive through both neighborhoods on the weekend. Stop and speak to neighbors. Real Estate agents are bound by Fair Housing Laws and are not allowed to pass judgment on schools & crime rates. Neighbors, howver, will tell you anything you want to know! Best Success!

Kathleen Turner, ABR, CRS, ePro
Certified Paralegal
The Kathleen Turner Realty Group
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Better neighborhood is all relative to your needs. Skybrook has been around a lot longer and is way more developed with better amenities. It is also further out from major interstate I-77 and further from center-city.

Vermillion is newer with smaller lots, but closer to "stuff".

If you're not currently working with an agent, contact me and I'll see how I can help! My services won't cost you anything extra in a transaction since you're a buyer.

John Siddons
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
http://www.johnsiddons.com
Robin Faison, Agent, Kannapolis, NC
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Kelly,

The other part of the equation is road access. Vermillion is easier to get to the interstate at this time. Once I-485 and all the interchanges are finished, the road access will change to Skybrook. At this time, I am not sure what is happening with Eastfield Rd. So, I would encourage you to consider the commute piece as well. Charlotte city planning and zoning have all of that information, and recently the map was on youtube showing the road changes.

Probably in this case, more important than the actual subdivision chosen is:1) the grade and size of the lot 2) the actual house plan 3) the decor choices made inside the house 4) the location with in the subdivision. As always, the devil is in the details- glad to work as your buyer agent.

Wishing you success and happy home ownership,
Robin
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Hi, Kelly:
Here is a market activity report from the last 12 months for Skybrook http://goo.gl/Hk8yT
Here is a market activity report from the last 12 months for Vermillion http://goo.gl/DPRLy.
There is more activity in Skybrook where sold home prices average 10% more and sold home sizes average 16% more. 40% of all Skybrook sales were over $350,000. 19% of Vermillion sales were over $350000.

You may want to research schools in the below link to the Trulia Blog: "Which areas surrounding Charlotte would be a nice place to relocate?" There are some good suggestions about schools and locations there. For crime, look on Truila or, if you are local, call 311 and ask for police non emergency and talk to the officer who patrols the area.

People who choose Skybrook do so for the golf access, waterpark and other amenities as well as larger home sizes and Location. Buyers of Vermillion purchase for the location, newer construction and different set of builders and walkability.

In today's market, we think it is important to look for homes that are a "good deal". If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
Web Reference:  http://goo.gl/iH2Ij
Beau Ferguson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Both are good choices........not sure, but schools may vary in Skybrook. If you're not currently already working with a Realtor, call me and I will be happy to assist you further.
Erica Wilson…, Agent, Cornelius, NC
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Hi Kelly, Check out my neighborhood analyzer on my site to get value information on each community. Get in touch with me and I can email you the other information you are looking for.
Thanks!
Mechell Harr…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Jul 26, 2012
I think it comes down to personal preference. Skybrook is a golf community. You pay an HOA fee to maintain the common area and a separate fee to use the amenities and golf is additional. It's a much larger subdivision. The schools can vary depending in where the house is in Skybrook.

I think Vermillion's location feels more like a small town. You have the local restaurant onsite, farmer's market up the street but Birkdale Village is close by when you want to do some major shopping.

Both communities have nice homes to choose from. It comes down to what's best for your family.

Mechell Harris
Broker/Realtor
Allen Tate
http://www.sellwithmechell.com
704-593-2221