Which area of Somers Point would be better for teens, ages 13 and 15, to find things to do? We are deciding between Harbour Cove and Sunset Marina.

Asked by Diane Marsilio-diamond, Allentown, PA Mon Mar 18, 2013

Answers

5
mollydlewis, Home Seller, Somers Point, NJ
Sat Aug 17, 2013
Definitely Harbour Cove area as the kids can walk to bay beach, get bus to OC on Shore Rd (if you let them). Sunset Marina is more remotely located and they will be afteryou every second to take them everywhere! Are you sure you want a condo? A great 4 bedroom 3 bath is coming on the market early next week - 2400 sq ft, fabulous condition and location...
Hi Molly How are you? It has been many moons. Hope all is well.
Flag Tue Jan 27, 2015
Hello Molly, Are you working with a Realtor for the sale of your home? If not, and if you're still interviewing, then I would love for the opportunity to present you with my marketing plan. Hope to hear from you!
Flag Sat Aug 17, 2013
Rochelle Lev…, Agent, Margate, NJ
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Diane, I enjoy helping families relocate to Somers Point. When I speak with people who grew up in the area, they always recall their childhood with great satisfaction. So, overall. it is a great place for a family to live. The small town atmosphere, the proximity to Ocean City, the ease of getting to the Garden State Parkway, all make for good reasons.

Harbor Cove is certainly a valid choice for your children. Condo living takes care of maintenance on the outside which could be appealing to many people. Single family homes in the Somers Point neighborhoods can also be considered, however, if the maintenance is a factor, then you are certainly right in choosing Harbor Cove. Above all, in addition to considering your children, make sure where you choose is also right for you.
I would be glad to help you.
Rochelle "Chelle" Levine Prudential Fox & Roach, 609-957-5008
Kimberly Ell…, Agent, Ocean City, NJ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Diane, I have lived in Linwood for over 20 years. I currently live in Ocean City. My brother and his 2 sons, one in eighth grade the other a junior at Mainland H.S. live in Linwood. They lived in Somers Point for twelve years. I would say that Harbor Cove is better for teenage children due to proximity of where their friends and school will be. Maybe you should consider a single family home as well. I know of some good buys in Linwood and Somers Point. I am a Realtor with Prudential Fox & Roach. You can call me any time for information. 609-271-9143
Cathy Laltre…, Agent, Absecon, NJ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Hi Diane, I lived in Harbour Cove for 7 years and do 90% of the sales and listings in there. I also have listings in Sunset Marina so I am really uniquely qualified to answer any questions you have about these developments. While the units are large and fairly new, Sunset Marina is not a good choice for teenagers because there is no where to go without a car. Harbour Cove is in the center of town within easy walking distance of many of the local activities and local bus service. I will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of these as well as other waterfront developments in Somers Point if you would like to give me a call. I am available 10:00am until 10:00pm at 609-804-0280, Sincerely, Cathy Laltrello, Broker Associate, RE/MAX ATLANTIC
By the way, Alex still wants to have dinner with Joe and you, if we ever get a summer place! He is a piece of work!
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hader Rivas, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Hello Diane,

Both are great places to live in. I find it that Harbour Cove is a lot closer to parks than Sunset Marina. Harbour Cove is also located on Bay Ave which has several great restaurants and it's a closer distance to Ocean City, which offers Boardwalk, beaches, and rides. Feel free to call or email me if I can be of any help. Click on profile for my contact info. Good Luck!