Where oh Where have all the listing gone?

Asked by MPP, Brooklyn, NY Wed Oct 24, 2007

There is hardly anything listed in Brooklyn under the 450K mark. Where have they all gone? Are people afraid to sell their homes?

Answers

9
Chris Reyes, , 11214
Wed Nov 28, 2007
depends what area you are looking for, there are some nice homes in old mill basin in the lower 400's
you can get a decent new construction in ENY for under 5K or something in marine park in the upper 4's.

I think you just need a good agent to show you the way.
Jerome Willis, , Staten Island, NY
Fri Nov 23, 2007
Even though it is separated by a bridge. There are hundreds of homes available on Staten Island.
Many differnet types of homes, there are new homes, old homes, homes with yards, with driveways, garage and no alternate side parking. To view some of these homes visit http://www.statenislandhomesearch.net.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Wed Oct 24, 2007
Manhattan, Brooklyn, Astoria and surrounding areas are not depressed and not suffering falling prices.

Contact your Realtor and ask to be put on an automated prospect match for your search criteria. If something comes on the market, you will be the first to be notified.
Pierre Calza…, Other Pro,
Wed Oct 24, 2007
Well you need to look at areas that are not easily accessible into Manhattan, or at condo's coops to really find homes in that price range. I found over 700 listings on Trulia in Brooklyn within that category. Most homes of that price range, are going to be out East in Brooklyn, farther from trains and in two fare zones, where you need to take a bus to a train, or walk a long way.
Charles D'Al…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Dec 9, 2009
Good morning MPP, first things first. What is the criteria you are looking for .
Location
One Family or two
Brick or Frame
Detached or Attached
Driveway or not
There are plenty of properties for sale for the price you are looking for, but each one of these wants or needs can affect the price. You should hook up with a Realtor or two to help with your search.

If you are seriouly looking for a home in Brooklyn ,I can help. Call me now Charles D’Alessandro of Fillmore Real Estate at (718) 253-9600 ext 206 or email me at charles@brooklynrealestatesales.com.
Lou Belisario, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Oct 23, 2008
There are literally thousands of homes for sale under 450k in Brooklyn. Please check out the old mill basin, marine park, gerritsen beach, east flatbush area. These parts of southern Brooklyn all have affordable homes under 450k. They range from 900sqft to about 1100sqft or so. Once in a while there even bigger homes you can get. If your looking anywhere in Booklyn with close proximity to NYC you can barely get a condo for 450k. Look in the more residential "real Brooklyn" neighborhoods. these neighborhoods are my speciality Ive sold over 12 homes in these areas in the last 2 months. If you'd like to contact me for more information you can reach me at:

Lou Belisario
Fillmore Real Estate
1-347-702-3316
Allison Long…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Oct 4, 2008
There are plenty of homes available for that price range. You may have to compromise on what area of choice you are seeking. But because of the real estate climate we are currently in, you are in a position to purchase a home (even in a decent area) for below market value. Please contact me at 888-360-5757 x86 or along@corleyre.com for assistance.
Web Reference:  http://www.corleyre.com
Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Sep 15, 2008
Hello, actually there are many homes available in the Brooklyn area under $450K. There are many short sales where banks will accept less for what a seller owes is they can prove hardship.

Currently I have short sales for 1 family homes in East Flatbush Brooklyn. Feel free to give me a call now.

Hello, I specialize in coop and home sales full time for three years in Brooklyn. I can definitely advise that you use an agent that knows the ins and outs of dealing with a coop transaction. There are alot of details, paperwork and requirements to be met by the bank and by the coop board. Also in order to sell a coop an agent needs to understand how to explain what a coop is and how it differs from owning other types of properties.

Feel free to give me a call to answer any other questions you may have.

Rhonda Holt
Licensed Real Estate Professtional
Specializing in Coop and Home Sales
Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield
1712 Utica Avenue, Brooklyn NY
http://www.KandHhomes.com
Web Reference:  http://www.Kandhhomes.com
J R, , New York, NY
Wed Oct 24, 2007
Seriously, you expect to find a home in Brooklyn under 450K?