Where is the best place to live in LA?

Asked by Michael Abraham, 90404 Fri Oct 19, 2012

Is Venice a nice neighborhood?

Answers

29
Lacy Burke’s answer
Lacy Burke, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Dec 8, 2012
The best place to live in LA is where you can afford to live. Once you get a pre approval from your lender you will know what areas you can afford. Call me and if you let me know what you are qualified to spend I can give you great suggestions on where I believe the school systems are the best and the crime is low

Lacy Burke
REMAX
310-666-9752
Lee Fruchter, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Pacific Palisades if you can afford it.
Web Reference:  http://www.homesbylee.com
Sona Gallatin, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Tue Mar 5, 2013
It's LA!!! there are great pockets everywhere including Venice depends on what you're looking for.
Marty Walker, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Venice is a very nice place to live, but it really depends on what's important to you about where you want to live. L.A. Is a very diverse city with lots of personalities. Please feel free to call or email me, and I'll be happy to talk in more detail with you. I'm an L.A. native who's lived in may parts if the city. I'd love to tell you all about what the L.A. has to offer. 323.559.5823 or marty.walker@exprealty.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Marty Walker
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Fri Apr 29, 2016
Dear Mike,
Los Angeles has something for everyone! "Nice" is relative and something you have to decide. I personally love the beach cities.
My advice it to work with a strong Buyer Agent who knows Los Angeles well. I also advise you visit all the potential neighborhoods you are considering so you can get a better idea of what will make you happy and fit your lifestyle.

Happy Home Buying!
Desiree Lapin, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Apr 5, 2016
There are lots of places that are wonderful to live in Los Angeles, it just depends on what you're looking for. For families areas such as Sherman Oaks, Burbank, and Calabasas are great locations. For young professional up and coming areas such as Silver Lake or Silicon Beach are great areas. For tips on how to find the perfect neighborhood, with some great resources have a look, here: http://www.desireelapin.com/what-to-look-for-in-a-great-neig…
Desiree Lapin, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Mar 18, 2016
Great question! Brentwood one of the most desirable neighborhoods to live in Los Angeles. Located at the base of the Santa Monica mountains, this area features great hiking trails, excellent shopping, and family-friendly neighborhoods. If your interested in buying a home in this area, keep in mind that condos begin in price at around $800,000 for a 2 -3 bedroom. For a single family home, prices start at around $1,500,000. Here is a lovely home located in Brentwood that is currently on the market, http://www.desireelapin.com/la-property-week-bright-spacious… This will give you an idea of what homes look like in this area!
Desiree Lapin, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Mar 18, 2016
Daniel Casti…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Nov 10, 2015
Hi Michael,

Venice is a very nice place to live, very Bohemian, but it really depends, L.A. Is a very diverse city.

Let me know what your needs are and I would be happy to find you the right home for you. Please feel free to contact me anytime at (310) 584-7721 if you have questions.

Daniel Castiel
GoldStar Realty
(310) 584-7721
Dcgoldstarrealty@gmail.com
BRE #01023338
http://www.DanielCastiel.com
Alex Khalili…, Agent, Woodland Hills, CA
Mon Mar 16, 2015
My vote goes to Santa Monica or Brentwood.

Please let me know if you have any other real estate-related questions!

Alex Khalilifard | Realtor - General Contractor
BRE License #: 01937591
Listing and Selling Agent
RE/MAX
Alex@TopHomesLA.com
Direct: 818.925.8088
http://www.TopHomesLA.com
Clint Lohr, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Venice is a great area, but being on the ocean it is very pricey-- as most of the Westside is .The best place to live in Los Angeles is the area that is affordable to you and best suits all your needs.
Johnny James, Agent, Carson, CA
Sun Feb 9, 2014
The best place would depend on what features are the most important to you.
Gail Mercedes…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sat Feb 8, 2014
There are a lot of great areas to live in West Los Angeles including Venice, CA. Venice is a West Los Angeles beach city adjacent to Marina del Rey, CA and Santa Monica, CA. The home prices in Venice are not inexpensive. Venice has single family home density. Have to consider your price range home, condominium or townhouse and look at surrounding areas.

Gail Mercedes Cole
310.853.9933
John Huang, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Nov 14, 2013
I'm partial to the hills of Mar Vista
Colin Robert…, , Los Angeles, CA
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Venice is grossly overpriced and still a pretty rough and tumble place. But if you like being by the beach and in the company of hippies (and hipsters) it's the place for you.
Clint Lohr, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Apr 30, 2013
It depends on your price range. Where will you be working, what type of schools do you need if you have any children, or do you want to live near the ocean? The closer you get to the ocean, the more expensive everything will be, and you will likely need to exceed the $1,200,000 price range for a small house in good condition in Venice. Currently, the cheapest condominium there is $779,000.
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Yes Venice is great! Very trendy with great local restaurants, coffee shops, and great beach location.
You can view all available Venice properties for sale here, you can even request a showing on the site:
http://heatherpaulonline.com/venice/

If you are in need of a Realtor for Venice or any Westside area, email me or give me a call anytime.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Broker Associate, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-923-2334
http://www.HeatherPaulOnline.com
Keith, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Oct 24, 2012
South Pasadena..great schools, safe, and quiet.
Shirley Gayn…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Hi Mike,

I hope the search for your next home is going well.

I wanted to send a quick follow-up. Please email me or call 310-826-3100 if you had any additional questions or take tour of Eleven950.

I have a wonderful 2 bedroom apartment homes for immediate move in. Visit us online 24/7 at eleven950.com to learn more. Can you come today?

Thank you, Shirley Gaynor
Yeprem P. Da…, , Encino, TX
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Mike,
Good question but it all depends on your taste buds. Some like the Westside, some like the Valley, it all depends on what lifestyle you want. Take into consideration work, driving, budget, density, culture, and other aspects of life we deal with on a day to day basis.

Venice, is nice area to live in. Ask yourself what you really want in regards to the above considerations.

GOOD LUCK HOUSE HUNTING!

Yeprem P. Davoodian, M.A.
Douglas Perez, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
It depends what is your comfort of living. Venice could be a great place for you.
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
The best schools are in San Marino near Pasadena. It is convenient to Downtown and only an hour from the beach or mountains.
Clint Lohr, Agent, Glendale, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
By your zip code, I can see that you are in Santa Monica. Do you want to stay on the Westside?Where will you be working? Do the schools matter to you? There are many other questions I would be happy to talk to you about during a buyer's consultation.
Please call me at 818-730-8635, or e-mail me at rholcwl@pacbell.net.
Clint Lohr, Keller Williams World Media Center--Burbank.
Madelaine Ko…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hi Mike,

I have lived on the West side of Los Angeles my whole life, i am very familiar with LA and surrounding environs. I grew up in Brentwood, and attended Palisades High School! I have lived in Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Culver City and now Reside in Mar Vista. The Best part of Venice is the historic Canals... I love Venice some very famous people do also!!! Some parts are shady, but all that is changing now , Venice is becoming one of the most desirable places to live.

You can go to my website and check out my areas of expertise and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me... I know LA...

Madelaine Kolisnyk Realtor
310.869.1712 | 01377862
http://www.madelainek.com
Mark Diffie, Agent, Venice Beach, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Mike,
Great question! Venice is a hip coastal community that still has a bit of grit around the edges. Many artists and celebrities live in this area and was the LA base for Dennis Hopper before he passed. The climate is excellent but can be fairly foggy during May through July.

I prefer West-side living in Los Angeles along the coast but there is a great charm to living in the Hollywood Hills as well. Pockets of Laurel Canyon still have excellent values and there are numerous areas in town that are great buys right now.

It really comes down to your wants and needs then finding the location that checks off most of your boxes.

Happy to help.
Mark
Brian Byhower, Agent, Hermosa Beach, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
You can't go wrong in practically any city in LA. However, I prefer the South Bay, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach area.
Jason Zielon…, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Venice is a great hip neighborhood, the home prices are on the higher side of LA. Silverlake is another comparable neighborhood; not by the beach but more central to downtown/Hollywood. It was just rated the "hippest" neighborhood in the U.S. by Forbes Magazine. There are parts of Venice as well as Silverlake that are always going to be a bit more gritty but they are cities undergoing major transformations and this always adds to the flavor and character of these unique areas. I specialize in the Silverlake area, if you are interested shoot me an email: Jason@3leafrealty.com
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
There is no simple answer to this question. There are many great areas and part of Los Angeles where you can live and enjoy. Its all depends on your personal preference and your budget. I'll be more than happy to show you around Los Angeles and explain what different neighborhoods has to offer.

Please call me direct 424-777-9377

Hope this info will help you!   

Please contact me anytime!
___________________________   
Free Consultation 424-777-9377   

Help with any Real Estate Transaction Buy & Sell!   

Thank you for your time.   

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777.   

Sergey Fednov   
President - Realtor   
- Trust Sale Realty -   
Residential & Commercial Real Estate   
_______________________________   
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55   
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377   
Fax: 310-356-4925 
http://www.TrustSale.com 
Susan Bo'ur, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hi Mike,
Are you looking to buy or rent?
Please feel free to contact me directly..Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
Susan Bo'ur
Coldwell Banker