Where is the best place to live in Georgia.?

Asked by Gary and Arlene, Georgia Thu Sep 13, 2012

Answers

13
answer
, ,
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Gary and Darlene,

I would answer your question this way. Assuming you are moving to metro Atlanta, I would have you prioritize the following in order of importance:

a) Reasonable commute to work
b) Good public schools
c) Proximity to downtown Atlanta
d) Most house for your money
e) High likelihood of value appreciation
f) Other (ex. access to lakes, access to mass transit, etc.)

Your priority order will answer the question of where the best place to live is for you. Once you have prioritized these criteria, you can email me your priorities and I can give you several agents' names for the area that best fits your profile. From there the decision is in your hands.

If you would like my assistance, please email me at tbrown@getevolved..com. I wish you the best.

Timothy Brown
LPO Manager | Evolve Bank & Trust
11605 Haynes Bridge Road Suite 125| Alpharetta, GA 30009
tbrown@getevolved.com
678.468.5626 x110 | fax 678.935.1156 | cell 678.467.9959
NMLS#: 168281
David Pastush, Agent, SAINT SIMONS ISLAND, GA
Tue Dec 16, 2014
If you enjoy a slower pace then the golden isles is the place to hang your hat. The golden isles offers a wide array of real estate options ranging from the tens of thousands all the way up to the tens of millions. Traffic is virtually non existent. The air quality far exceeds that of the big cities and the views are spectacular. If you should ever have any questions i am happy to go more in depth about living the dream where the south meets the beach.

David Pastush
Coldwell Banker Platinum Partners
Office # 912 634-0404
Menbere71, Home Buyer, Fayetteville, GA
Wed Nov 26, 2014
Hey Gary wear is in Georgia to buy a good house a good neighborhood good is school? I want to hear from me? Thanks
Stephanie Mc…, Agent, Canton, GA
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Depends on your definition of best.
Veronika Bar…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Hi Gary & Arlene,

There are so many wonderful places to choose from, really a matter of your personal preferences. My family moved to Georgia 15 years ago and we love it!

First question I ask my relocation clients is if they have to commute to somewhere on a regular basis - work, church, airport, school, etc.

Look forward to learn more about your situation.

Cordially,
Jay Voorhees, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Johns creek if you need to be near Atlanta...Big Canoe if you want to get away from it all.
Jay Voorhees, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Johns Creek if you need to be near Atlanta....Big canoe if you want to get away from it all.
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
I reckon for most folks it's either Barney, Tye Tye or Zebulon, or another one of our historic spots like Culloden. Or the home of the Redneck Games, Dublin. Or maybe the home of the Rattlesnake Roundup, Whigham.

For me, it's Decatur.

OTP - I like Roswell.

I also like Athens and Savannah, and I can say good things about Valdosta, Bainbridge and Perry, Cairo, Thomasville, and most of the Golden Isles...
Sherrie Crow, Agent, Decatur, GA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Georgia is a wonderful place to live. We have every possible choice of setting and lifestyle-- from small town to big city--- from mountains to lakes to ocean.

I love Atlanta, and there are myriad neighborhoods here to meet any need.

Athens is a great small town. Since the University of Georgia is there, you have lots of social and cultural opportunities.

Lake Oconee is beautiful and you can find some very nice properties there.

As for the mountains, there are so many great little towns: Blue Ridge, Dahlonega, etc. You also have some lovely planned communities such as Big Canoe.

St. Simons is a barrier island with great restaurants and many nice homes to choose from. It is picturesque, with a pier and lighthouse.
Chris Yates, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
That's kind of like asking what is your favorite dessert - you've got a lot to choose from! My advise is to figure out what is most important to you - what do you need to be close to? Work? Church? Shopping? Friends? Family? Once you have that decided, then move on to what kind of house you want - new or re-sale? Each answer will get you closer to where you WANT to be. As a life-long Atlantan, I love the intown life-style but know that I can get to the mountains to the north and the beaches to the southeast within hours. Would love to hear more about what you are looking for - good luck!

Chris Yates
Keller Williams Realty Peachtree Road
o - 404.419.4500
c - 404.234.1764
chris.yates@kw.com
http://www.intownatlantarep.com
, ,
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Just outside the state line in FL. That way, you can avoid paying state income tax, advalorem tax, grocery tax, yet still have the convenience of buying gas at a cheaper price than FL...LoL
I like Sea Island down by St. Simons Island. It's close to Savannah and Jacksonville, FL.
Fred Yancy, Agent, Woodstock, GA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Tips for Finding the Perfect Neighborhood

Your neighborhood has a big impact on your lifestyle. Follow these steps to find the perfect community to call home.

■Is it close to your favorite spots? Make a list of the activities — movies, health club, church, etc. — you engage in regularly and stores you visit frequently. See how far you would have to travel from each neighborhood you’re considering to engage in your most common activities.

■Check out the school district. This is especially important if you have children, but it also can affect resale value. The Department of Education in your town can probably provide information on test scores, class size, percentage of students who attend college, and special enrichment programs. If you have school-age children, visit schools in the neighborhoods you’re considering. Also, check out http://www.schoolmatters.com.

■Find out if the neighborhood is safe. Ask the police department for neighborhood crime statistics. Consider not only the number of crimes but also the type — such as burglaries or armed robberies — and the trend of increasing or decreasing crime. Also, is crime centered in only one part of the neighborhood, such as near a retail area?

■Determine if the neighborhood is economically stable. Check with your local city economic development office to see if income and property values in the neighborhood are stable or rising. What is the percentage of homes to apartments? Apartments don’t necessarily diminish value, but do mean a more transient population. Do you see vacant businesses or homes that have been for sale for months?

■See if you’ll make money. Ask a local real estate agent to get information about price appreciation in the neighborhood. Although past performance is no guarantee of future results, this information may give you a sense of how good of an investment your home will be. A government planning agency also may be able to tell you about planned developments or other changes in the neighborhood — like a new school or highway — that might affect value.

■Make personal observations. Once you’ve narrowed your focus to two or three neighborhoods, go there and walk around. Are homes tidy and well maintained? Are streets quiet? How does it feel? Pick a warm day if you can and chat with people working or playing outside.

Fred Yancy, Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
(678) 799-4663
Aaron Grubel, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
There are a lot of great places. I like to advise my clients to try and stick close to work if possible due to the bad traffic. What area would you be working in?