Where is the best place to get a loan? I have been told by a handful of people to stay away from a

Asked by Daniel, Baton Rouge, LA Tue Jun 17, 2008

mortgage
broker because they charge a lot of fees and the bank can give you a lower interest rate. Is this true. Any suggestions?

Answers

5
LA Lending, , Baton Rouge, LA
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Hi Daniel-
I'm a mortgage broker and I can confirm what Don answered earlier. Depending on your circumstances, mortgage companies can beat your local bank on interest rate, options and fees - it's just important to choose the right mortgage broker!

As a mortgage broker, it is my job to specialize in real estate transactions. A bank offers a wide variety of products, and often cannot offer you the service and expertise you should have when making such a large decision.

I would love to compare what your local bank can offer you. Please visit my website for more information.
Chasity Marshall
Web Reference:  http://www.LALending.net
Ray7, , Denver County, CO
Wed Apr 1, 2009
we wouldn't EVER concider using anyone but cashloancity com ever again if it's online.
Michael Andr…, Other Pro, Baton Rouge, LA
Wed Jun 18, 2008
I have found that everything in life is negotiable, including a mortgage

IMany of my clients have used Prime South Mortgage, contact: michael@primesouthmtg.com
Katherine Ra…, Agent, Mandeville, LA
Wed Jun 18, 2008
Before real estate I had a career in banking and there were many times when the loan officers hands were tied by policies dictated from the corporate office in Ohio. In my experience, there is a personal level of service provided by a local mortgage broker or even a smaller local bank that can't be matched by a large bank.
Whichever route you choose, you should interview a few lenders before making your decision. I have contacts with several lenders of both types in St. Tammany, some of whom have branch offices in Baton Rouge. I'd be happy to provide references - just send me an email kracine@kw.com.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Nope. Not necessarily true. A mortgage broker has access to many different lenders. And, depending on what your needs are, and your specific circumstances, your bank may not have a loan program that meets your needs. I've run into some mediocre mortage brokers, but I've also run into some extremely good ones. I'd suggest getting recommendations from your Realtor; he/she has a vested interest in making sure that you get the financing that works best for you in order to make the transaction succeed. But, by all means, if you have a relationship with a particular bank, check out their loan programs, too.