Home Buying in Durham>Question Details

Simon.curtis1, Renter in Raleigh, NC

Where is the best place for me to purchase an investment property in the Durham/Duke area?

Asked by Simon.curtis1, Raleigh, NC Sat Oct 27, 2012

I am looking for a single family home in the 100K price range that will generate a reasonable cash flow based on the equity I will have to put down. Any guidance or advice is appreciated.

Answers

6
East Campus Duke University

Not a better deal in town ! Commercial Investment property For sale by OWNER . Residential and Commercial lots for sale, on East campus of Duke University, (walking distance)DPAC(Durham Performing Arts Center)American Tobacco,Durham Bulls Games, NC of School of Math and Science,9th St.. Eno River.
Small Commercial Business lot, 3 story building possible and Large Residential Duplex !
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
One of Durham's oldest neighborhoods, Trinity Park is centrally located between Durham's central business district and Duke University's East Campus. Within a 40 square block of tree-lined streets and avenues, Trinity Park is filled with historic homes and buildings from the late-19th and early 20th centuries, which has earned the neighborhood a place on the National Register of Historic Districts. The distinctive architecture contained throughout Trinity Park makes the neighborhood a jewel within the city of Durham.

Corner of Buchanan Blvd. and Club Blvd. Across from North Gate Mall. Residential lot that is ready for Duplex and next door is Commercial lot ready for new 3 story building (skinny and long) footprint. Can walk to Duke's East Campus and 9th st.
Hard to find and without a Buyer's Agent virtually impossible. Durham is a great place to invest and the word has been out for quite a while now. You will want a property near Duke and the closer the better!
Hello Simon
I would recomend near one of our great colleges.
Michael
Hi Simon,
I work with a contractor looking for investors to buy properties we find. He has a property manager who finds the tenants and lets us know the rent range. $100k is low for areas near Duke and downtown, so you need to be vigilant in your search and ready to jump when they come available. Ready to jump means that you've talked with a lender and been pre-approved for a loan.

This contractor is someone I trust, so much so that my son is buying some investment properties that need a total renovation.

You are competing with a lot of people who want the same thing that you want. Call or email and we can "talk".

Vivian 919-624-5479
vivian@crazyviv.com
Web Reference: http://crazyvivhomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Best to work with buyers agent and let us find the properties of value on location and then weigh that to condition. Thee are many different factors to consider. I closed 3 foreclosures recently they go fast. Let me know if i can help. Deborah Miller 919-491-2826
Please check out my listing on Trulia at 702 Justice St in Durham.. This home has had many many offers of rent in the 1,000/month range.

You would be served well by hiring a buyer's agent who is familiar with the Durham market who will be watching for listings that meet your criteria and also can design a custom search to notify you when homes that meet your wish list come on the market.