Where is the best Chicago neighborhood to buy a condo where I can see a good return in a few years?

Asked by Jocelyn, Chicago, IL Tue Feb 5, 2008

I hear the Southside neighborhoods like Bronzeville and Washington Park would be a good bet. I would like to make a good investment. What do you think?

Answers

2
Jeffrey Kropp, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Feb 6, 2008
I agree Nick, I would also add Lakeview, Lincoln Park, and North Center to the mix. The latest quarterly info supplied by the Chicago Association of Realtors shows strong rise in average median prices for condos in these areas (from 4th qtr 2006 to 4th qtr 2007). For example, the median price was up 16% in Lincoln Park. Location is a down market is key and these areas all have easy highway access and the el train. Also buyers relocating to Chicago are most familiar with these areas. Good luck!
Kale Realty, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 5, 2008
Hi Jocelyn

I'm a city guy and location rules. IE walk to restaurants, shopping, trains.

River West and the East Village are two areas were you can find a good deal and will give a great return. Just take a drive down Chicago and Grand ave. and you will see what I mean.

Best of luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.KaleRealty.com