Where in Peoria, IL can I find out how much someone previously paid for the house I want to buy?

Asked by Avery Schick, Peoria, IL Mon Apr 7, 2008

Answers

3
Renee Randit…, , East Peoria, IL
Fri May 2, 2008
In our area, you'll have to wait until the home is closed. Then you can either call any Reator® and ask or you can go to http://66.99.203.101/assessor/realasp1.asp and type in the address. If this link is updated quickly then it will post the sold price at the bottom.
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Mon Apr 7, 2008
Avery,
Sherry is correct. If you go to your county's website and the register of deeds link depending on the website you should be able to search by address or name. Or you can just ask a local realtor and they can easily tell you in minutes with their computer.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
larry.story@coldwellbanker.com
Sherry Chris…, , Peoria, IL
Mon Apr 7, 2008
It is a matter of public record and there are a couple of ways to find out. If you have an agent, ask that agent to look in the MLS. If the home was previously sold through a Realtor/Real Estate Brokerage, it should be listed in the MLS. If not, you can look it up on the Tax Assessor's webpage. If you do not have an agent, contact me privately and I will be glad to help you.